Advice Please: Black Horse Car Loan/PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, would really appreciate some advice. My partner has a car loan with Black Horse and we want to reclaim the PPI as we believe it was mis-sold. I have several questions - forgive my ignorance:

1. Car loan arranged at the dealership. Amount of credit (PPI) £4165.84 repayment over 60 months at £87.14. Can't work out if this is this a single premium or not? APR 9.7%

2. Can we try and reclaim the charge for credit on PPI - £604.56

3. Included with the agreement is a 'Demands and Needs Statement' headed:

'Decline to recommend' which says that 'the ppi being offered to you is not suitable for your particular demands and needs' and which my partner signed. It goes on to refer to the PPI as optional (and says the insurance is 'single premium').

My partner says he was then passed at high speed to another guy who on the contrary indicated that the PPI was necessary to secure the loan and speed up the process.

SO I'm really not sure whether to state that he was initially advised against purchasing PPI and then persuaded to?

He was also on a fixed-term contract at the time so we think we have additional grounds.

Any help much appreciated,

Kind regards,

MG