Jsa+housing benefit help

linz21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have two concerns which i am hoping someone can help me with.

Firstly i am on JSA and so far i completed the phone interview and attended the first appointment, i was given appointment times every fortnight, i didnt attend the second appointment due to illness and i completed the form for that, the third appointment i didnt attend because i had to go out of town due to an emergency. I have been paid everything and i have another appointment on friday.

Agian and i know this may look bad but i dont think i will be able to attend the appointment because im not well at all, if i feel better by friday i will go in but if i cant i want to prepared. This is my first claim i have been at university the last 2 years in manchester. I know the jobcentre will look at this in a bad way and i need some advice if i claimed another sick period would they allow this and would they cancel my claim?

My second query involves myself and my girlfriend. My girlfriend is living in a 2 bedroom council flat in norwich with 2 children. Her daughter has the one room and my girlfriend shares the room with her soon who sleeps in a cot and i live in manchester. I want to move to norwich and move in with my girlfriend and i would like to do everything the right way. I am thinking of comming off benefits and going back to university to complete my final year at university in norwich but i am not sure how this will affect my girlfriends housing benefit if i move in with her as she gets it all paid for and if they would let me move in with her as it is a 2 bedroom flat, i would of course share the same bed as her as it is a double bed.

If anyone can help me out on the above querys i would be gratefull.

Agian and i know this may look bad but i dont think i will be able to attend the appointment because im not well at all, if i feel better by friday i will go in but if i cant i want to prepared. This is my first claim i have been at university the last 2 years in manchester. I know the jobcentre will look at this in a bad way and i need some advice if i claimed another sick period would they allow this and would they cancel my claim?

I don't want to sound too harsh but the only people that can give you a proper answer would be to ring the DWP and tell them what you are intending to do. So far you haven't attended two of your appointments and now the third so who knows what the DWP will do or think but I am sure someone will probably give you advice.

I believe your girlfriend's circumstances will change if you move in with her she needs to let the DWP and her council know of the changes you can both claim as a couple but her benefits will certainly change.