Egg claims its charges are NOT unlawful

Mistermind
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got a letter from egg today that stated the following ....

"..... Egg therefore puts in place systems and processes to deal with the same. The Charges set out in condition 7 of the Agreement are calculated by taking into account the aggregate costs incurred by Egg in maintaining those systems and processes and the estimated number of customers who will exceed the Credit Limits on their accounts and/or fail to make and/or be late in paying their required repayments. The amount of the Charges applied under Condition 7, therefore, represents a genuine pre-estimate of the loss caused to Egg by customers being late in and/or failing to make the agreed repayments and/ or exceeding their Credit Limits."

so what do i do next??

i need some assisatnce please as i am not 100% sure in what i am to do!!!!

any assisatnce much appreciated!!

greg

Egg have been resorting to every trick, seeking out every weakness to frighten claimants into giving up, such as Yasmin a few days ago.

CAG boss man's view is that Egg is bluffing and will back down at the last minute rather than face court. See: sticky.gif Sticky: Has Egg counterclaimed against you? Don't worry by BankFodder.

I have been busy myself with work and a shortage of the readies, so my Egg-breaking Campaign has fallen behind schedule, but like Yasmin I have become fanatical about getting even with Egg. Not a penny more, not a penny less.

When eventually I arrive in court for my own case I will demand actual cost stats from Egg. What earthly justification can there be for relying on future estimates for cost-per-charge computation when there have been ten years' worth of past stats? And after Egg estimates turned out to be far far wrong year after year after year, did Egg readjust the following year's "estimates"? Egg pulled the wool over OFT's eyes. Egg insults the intelligence of judges. Egg flaunts breathtaking contempt for their 2 million cardholders.

When your court date approaches, I suggest you send a PM to CAG boss man BankFodder. Egg is the coldest and hardest bloodsucker of all, so I am keen for claimants to join forces and bring out our legal big guns for a test case, sharing legal costs. Foot soldiers like myself will offer their shoulders behind the battering ram.

"On the count of three, Egg's downfall we will see."