debt_mountain v's Nationwide

debt_mountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started the process (intend going the English Bank route from a Scotland customer to save the small claims £750 limit), sent the letter yesterday to ask for all my charges. I estimate it to be BIG. I guess atleast £50/month for 5 years. this is just an average figure and probably way below the actual as things were very bad a couple of years ago (£300 per month!!!:o )

So hoping to get back £3000 +:o :o this will payoff the current OD and leave me a couple of thousand to spend on a well deserved holiday courtesy of the NW.:)

I am also going for the Bank of Scotland but that account will be close to the 5 year limit so may not get much out of that one.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

The limit 6 years.

Nationwide:

DPA Letter sent 10th May, Received 1st June, calculated approx £330 charges, Prelim to sent soon.

Egg

£60 Charges - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, declined refund,

Halifax

£39 Charge - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, Halifax have agreed to refund the £39

Good luck - keep us up to date :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

The limit 6 years.
thanks

Nationwide is 6 years (as I will do that in an English court) but bank of scotland will be 5 as its head office is in edinburgh.

another question - about NW closing accounts. Has anyone whos account has been closed had anything added to their credit file? Started reading through the other posts but will take me some time to get through them all.

I have now managed to get 36 months statement, found that only 15 months are in the main online banking but you can go into the statement link at the top of the page and download upto 36 months in PDF. So my total has now risen to £2900 before interest (calculated at £200) is added. This is only for 1 of my accounts, I had a second one that I cannot get online data so will need to wait.

Nice.

I am going to prepare the preliminary approach letter, LBA and and fill out my downloaded N1 now while I am in the mood ready for step 3 as it looks like the NW process goes all the way to court. then I can just pop in the figures and send them recorded.

Oh this is a joyous day....this gives you such a satisfying feeling.

Managed to find some of the more recent statements for my second account and now have just short of £5000 to claim and thats just the last 3 years on account 1 and 2 years on account 2.

So I have created my summary spreadsheets and sent it recorded with the "request for repayment letter". so the 14 days starts here.

roll on the 8th Sept. I have my LBA prepared as I am on holiday for the second week of the 14 days. So I expect it will be posted on the Tuesday as the Monday is a holiday in my area.... so they are actually getting a few days extra.