style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know it's a commercial site, but has some good info there.

This is our website but as it is a commercial site we have to abide by the CAG rules, There is plenty of info BUT if we were allowed to have a link on here that would be unfair to all the other posters who may have business sites.

As the link is not allowed, I do try to ensure that I visit each post to see whether I can assist...BUT then again we have some very knowledgeable regulars on here offering excellent advice as well.

1. Its what bailiffs call reasonable costs. the law doesnt obligate you to pay them if a bailiffs cannot show its reasonable. If no goods have been transported in a van then a bailiff cannot charge you anything. Otherwise the statutority bailifffs fee is £24.50.

2. No, the law doesnt provide for bailiffs to commit breaking & entering. You must never let them in your home.

The fee of £300 is clearly described as an "enforcement fee" which is really an "attending to remove fee"

However there is appeal court case law (Evans v South Ribble District Council) that confirms that a bailiff CANNOT apply such a fee UNLESS he has PREVIOUSLY levied upon goods.

In any event if this fee could be applied at this stage (which is doubtful) the statutory regulations provide that the fee can only be "reasonable".

£300 CANNOT in any way be seen as "reasonable" and in any event can be challenged on the basis of a recent court ruling (Culligan v Marston Group)

Which bailiff company is this?

• Haha 1

this is fantastic stuff, thank you very much folks.

bailiffs are equita

and now on to my final question

levy on goods... apparently the bailiff has made a levy on a hoover, because he saw it through a letter box, he believes he can levy a good if he can simply view it by looking through a letterbox

is this fact? or more fiction?

If this is the case, in the first instance it is NOT LEGAL to levy upon goods by looking through the window. Once again there is case law to cofirm this.

Has the bailiff also applied a £300 enforcement fee?