Guarantee (or not) from Aldi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I am new to this forum but have been browsing and it looks a great place to get info. It has prompted me to ask what is probably a basic question about guarantees. In April I bought a doorchime from Aldi. It is one of those electronic ones that you can move around. Now it has stopped working. I have still got the receipt but Aldi say that they only guarantee for 3 months and I have to send it back to the manufacturer. Is this right? It was not that expensive but who can afford to spend nearly eight quid on a doorbell every year. Thanks for reading and I hope someone can advise me on this.

Faulty goods are the responsibilty of the retailer and not the manufacturer. The goods must be of satisfactory quality and be fit for the purpose. Return the goods to the retailers head office stating that you wish to exercise your statutory right under the terms of the Sale of Goods act and reject the goods as they are unfit for the purpose.

i had a problem with a trampoline that i brought from aldis, the frame snapped after just a month, Aldi tried the same ploy with me, got in touch with the manuafcturer and got nowhere, so wrote to aldi head office who eventually got involved. After many calls and letters, and after many months i did get a full refund from aldi, not the manufacturers..

so as crocdoc stated, its aldi's resposnibility