Bailif due at 11.00am!! Please help ASAP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in February 2008, a bailiff called out & made my wife sign a walking possession order on her washing machine, fridge etc....

We have since moved house & replaced all the items on the list with items on HP.

Is that walking possession order still valid??

Can he still break in to the house??

He has never been in this house.

Due @ 11.00 today, so any help would be appreciated.

P.S I have e-mailed them a letter today (from this site) asking for 24 months to pay @ £46 a month (just over £1000 arrears)

P.S this was for council tax arrears.

I have just read this post.

From what you have said the bailiff visited your mother in laws property in 2008 and levied upon goods. These goods are not yours but are owned by Mother in law.

In the first instance a letter should have been sent long ago to ask for this "levy" to be removed and ALL associated fees to be cancelled.

What is clear is that this WP would not be valid as it was against goods owned by somebody else.

What is vitally important is that you MUST NOT allow the bailiff to come into your home today.

Instead a LETTER must be sent to the bailiff co to advise them of the situation. PS...you MUST ensure that you DO NOT have a car outside of your home as the bailiff will levy upon that !!

I will put a letter together as quick as I can.

PS: Have you cheked to see whether the bailiff that levied in 2008 was certificated and also which company is this?

PS. In the sticky section you will find a link to see whether the bailiff is certificated.

• Haha 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailiff been & gone .

He was not happy to accept £48, but i told him its that or i'd pay council direct. Also questioned the £2.50 payment charge, all i got was uumm... uumm....

He accepted it in the end though.

gave me another letter:

URGENT ARREARS NOW DUE

Bailiff called today to remove goods.

Unless you pay £XXX in 24 hours, we will refer this matter back to our client

You need to be VERY CAREFUL !!

This is because it is very likely that you have already been charged a WP fee and Levy Fee from 2008 and in addition, I would hazard a guess that you have also been charged an "attending to remove fee". If so, this is WRONG.

You should have been charged £22.00 for the first visit and £16.50 for this visit. You need to ask the company to CONFIRM IN WRITING that this is all that you have been charged.