Need some advice on a collision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post but a lengthy one at that, I had an rtc of sorts but it isnt as staright forward as the rest this is my explanation of what happen to the insurance :

At Approximately xxxx hours on 27/01/2009 I was in my vehicle: - BLUE, VAUXHALL VECTRA, xxxxxxx. At this time I was parked stationary in a car park, after only just dropping my daughter at dance class. Present in my vehicle was my three-year-old son, who was seated in the rear seat behind the driver seat and myself sitting in the driver seat. At this time the car park was busy mostly due to parents dropping their children off at dance class. It was dark, the air was clear and the area was well lit so visibility was good. Due to the car park only being small and also being full of vehicles I hadn’t enough room to safely turn my vehicle around and had no other option but to reverse out of the car park onto ROAD NAME.

Next I started my vehicles engine and completed the necessary observations, all checks were clear so I then turned my head and looked out of the rear window was I did this I immediately became aware of a vehicle: -xxxxxxxxx, a HONDA ACCORD parked on ROAD NAME parked with the offside of the vehicle parallel to the entrance/exit point to the car park I was exiting. My view of this vehicle was unobstructed and at this point nobody was standing near to the vehicle.

I then began to reverse my vehicle at a very slow speed as, as every time dance class is on the car park was full of children, parents and other vehicles. As I was reversing I was aware of the HONDA ACCORD as it was directly in my line of view. I continued to reverse until I reached the exit point of the car park at the junction with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I stopped the vehicle at this point to check whether it was safe for me to continue to reverse, once a number of vehicles had passed and it was safe for me to reverse I continued to do so with the HONDA ACCORD still in my clear view and I still remained at a very slow speed. As my vehicle neared the front offside of the HONDA ACCORD, approximately six feet away I began to turn my steering wheel in order to turn my vehicle to face the junction of xxxxxxx with my intent being to drive onto ROAD NAME and make my way home. As I was turning my steering wheel I was constantly aware of what was behind me as I was still viewing out of my rear window. As I was viewing my window a lady I now know to be OTHER DRIVER ran from the direction of the youth club to the HONDA ACCORD, which at this point my vehicle was a safe distance away from the HONDA ACCORD and without and warning or making any observations OTHER DRIVER opened the driver door of her vehicle which then hit the rear of my vehicle and rebounded off and swung back into the direction of OTHER DRIVER. I immediately pulled over into a safe place checked if my son was okay, which he was so I then exited my vehicle in order to check if OTHER DRIVER was okay and to check for any damage to my vehicle.

As I exited my vehicle OTHER DRIVER was checking the driver door of her HONDA ACCORD, as I approached OTHER DRIVER I asked if she was okay which at this point she was bending down checking her vehicle as she looked up she said “I SAW YOU COMING ASWELL, I JUST THOUGHT I HAD ENOUGH ROOM” I noticed she had a small cut to her forehead that was bleeding, I explained to OTHER DRIVER that her head was bleeding and it might be a good idea if she took a seat in her vehicle whilst I wet to get her some tissue from the youth club, OTHER DRIVER said she was okay standing and I then went to the youth club to get some tissue for OTHER DRIVER. As I returned I passed OTHER DRIVER some tissue and we both checked our vehicles for any damage, which there wasn’t to either vehicle, both OTHER DRIVER and myself agreed at the scene that neither vehicle had any damage in any shape or form.

There is no doubt in my mind that this accident could have been more serious if it wasn’t due to my slow speed and constant observations. It could have been totally avoided if OTHER DRIVER had made the necessary observations and waited until my vehicle had passed her own vehicle. The accident made me feel shaken up and I feared for the safety of myself and for that of my three-year-old son.

1) The other party is claiming for the cut to her head via a solicitor not her insurance so not having an affect on her no claims, no damage to either car

2) my insurance is up for renewal next month and I am really worried as I have been told that my 3 year ncd will be suspended

3) If it goes 50/50 will this effect my ncd as no damage to my car??

4) Thanks for reading my first post, as you can imagine I am quite stressed by the whole situation, if I think of anything more I will post

T H A N K S !!!

The short version - this woman opened her door into your car and said door swung back hitting her? No offence, but most of your text is unecessarily detailed and irrelevant.

I cannot see it as being anything but her fault. The bit about reversing is irrelevant.

It will come down to a matter of proof really. Usually NCD is suspended and it will count as a claim until liability is established, at which point your policy will be reinstated if it is found in your favour.

If it is not (say, 50/50), then your policy will be affected, even if there is no damage to your car. As for the other person, she is required to notify her insurer anyway even if not claiming. Her solicitors will probably do this.

Do you have witnesses other than passengers in your car?