disciplinary hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 6th of May I crashed my wagon at the side of a bridge after all the cursing, was told on the phone, I was sacked, when I got back to the yard 4hrs later, he verbally told me I was suspended for a week or whenever he felt like it on full pay. On 7th May his father (Family business) brought me a official letter of my suspension and I am told I have a disciplinary meeting on Monday. It says I can take a colleague, which that wouldn't work as they are all scared of the bosses, or a trade union official of what we don't have. Is there anyone else I can take?? I know they want to sack me

On the 6th of May I crashed my wagon at the side of a bridge after all the cursing, was told on the phone, I was sacked, when I got back to the yard 4hrs later, he verbally told me I was suspended for a week or whenever he felt like it on full pay. On 7th May his father (Family business) brought me a official letter of my suspension and I am told I have a disciplinary meeting on Monday. It says I can take a colleague, which that wouldn't work as they are all scared of the bosses, or a trade union official of what we don't have. Is there anyone else I can take?? I know they want to sack me

You could ask them in writing to suspend the hearing for another couple of days and also ask if you would allowed to bring an employment solicitor. Other than that you do not have to many choices im afraid.

Does the letter inviting you to the hearing on Monday state that the result of the hearing could lead to your dismissal? also does it say that your accident is deemed as Gross Mis-Conduct?

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

I had to postpone my meeting as I had a swollen face and neck with a abscess. The meeting took place on Tuesday at 10, the minutes were took by the accounts manager. Where it lasted about a hour. Today Wednesday the accounts manager phoned me and told me I was fired. In the meeting I asked if I would get paid until the appeal, (if I got sacked) and they said yes. Now I am told over the phone that this is my last day of pay because they are sacking me for gross misconduct. please help

I had to postpone my meeting as I had a swollen face and neck with a abscess. The meeting took place on Tuesday at 10, the minutes were took by the accounts manager. Where it lasted about a hour. Today Wednesday the accounts manager phoned me and told me I was fired. In the meeting I asked if I would get paid until the appeal, (if I got sacked) and they said yes. Now I am told over the phone that this is my last day of pay because they are sacking me for gross misconduct. please help

If you have been summarily dismissed, which I believe you have, then your pay stops immediately I'm afraid and no notice is given. If you're successful at an appeal then you will be compensated at that time.

Please remember that in order to take this matter to an employment tribunal you need to exhaust all of the internal procedures and hence, must appeal the decision.

I would get down the Job Centre asap and see what benefits you might be entitled to.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More