Virgin - extra tv box possible?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm with Virgin and would like to have the same XL channels in a further room.

I enquired to Virgin and they quoted a really high price - apparently you need an extra tv box and then rent the channels at the same, or similar price as your main tv.

I was wondering if there was any cheaper packages available, or a cheaper method of transmitting the XL channels to a different set in the house?

Or has anyone had any luck haggling with Virgin over their prices?

BAE :)

Guest Old_andrew2018

well thats strange as we have an additional virgin box, and simply pay a fee for the extra box, the other way is to use a "Video Sender" or similar box, some will allow the use of your original remote in another room.

Regards

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007

Thanks, Andy.

I guess I'll get back to them and ask for their prices, (it was about 6 months ago when I inquired so maybe they're cheaper now).

What do you pay for the exra box, by the way? I could quote this to them when I ring.

I'll also check out the video sender box you suggest.

Cheers, BAE :)

Guest Old_andrew2018

Ok I took a V+ Box at this time its £49.00 including fitting, the old box was put into another room rental £5.00 per month, the offer is short lived.

(15/05/2009), I dont work for Virginmedia in case anyone wonders.

Regards

Andy

you can get a transmitter that sends the signal from one room to the other - you have to watch the same channel though.

I bought one for £20 and you just scart lead one transmitter into your virgin (or sky in my case) box and scart lead the second into the TV in another room.

You can change channel from the other room etc.

It's good if you don't mind watching the same channel and cheap.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Andie I need a new transmitter for the childrens room, I know that some allow the original remote to be used can you give me few tips on which will allow this.

Andy

mine is a goodmans one and I use my sky remote - most i think allow the remotes that you can buy that do tv, dvd, stereo etc and you can tune them in to all tvs are the called 1 for all 4 or something like that??

• Haha 1