Welcome Finance VT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a car from them when I had a poor credit rating due to never having been a person who used credit very much. The car was a Mondeo and was not in the best of condition but I needed a car for work so took out the deal worth 5k.

After half of the term I lost my shift allowance so contacted WF and explained I had difficulties and wished to use the VT under consumer credit act.

I VT`d in August 2007 which was just over half the term and was told that the RAC would inspect the vehicle. This was done as my new address as I had moved (I would like to add that I did contact WF and explain I had moved addresses) they sent out the RAC to this address to inspect the vehicle.

I was asked by the RAC to sign some liability form which I refused to do, mainly as the RAC chap had spotted the car was a damaged repaired vehicle which had not been declared before I purchased the car.

WF sent out someone to collect the car and they took it away in about September 2007. (Also from new address)

I never heard anything else but the other day March 2009 someone calls my wife claiming to be from a company called LCU asking me to contact them. I called them that day and then they declare they are Welcome finance saying I am liable for £2000 ???. I never had anything on my credit report but now welcome say they have added somthing and want the £2k.

They also said they had been trying to contact me but this is rubbish as they had been informed by me of the new address and my original phone number has not changed.

They are sending me letters telling me I have to pay them 2k, I think they are trying to cash in on anyone who they can try to exploit with the VT clause of may be being liable, once the car was sold at auction I never heard anything and suspect this is a [problem].

Please could anyone advise us in this, and if by misrepresenting themselves as a comp-any called LCU it would be deemed to be wrong.

Thanks in advance.:|

Edited by Cisco