• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Legalities Of Bank Selling Debts To Third Party...

OleBanks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

What are the Legalities of Banks selling debt to third party.... Have been getting bullied by cap quest in relation to my debt that was sold to cap quest by CITICARD. The debt was sold to Cap quest in December 2005 for £6850, and since then the debt is gone up to £8800. Just under £2000 has been added to the account within 7months.

I phone Capquest and requested for an ageement at least to know on what term my account is been charged,but I was told is under the same term and condition that I had with Citi Card. I dont know my right regarding this account and they are charging interest to my account every month.

Can anyone please advice on the legalities of debts selling and what my rights are.

I want to stop payments until Capquest send me an agreement...can I do that or would it come back to hunt me.

Please Help!!!:sad:

without prejudice & without liability

My Advice & opinions are mine, Please Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Debt would have been sold to DCA for 10-12% of face value. Write to them with a CCA request enclosing £1 asking for a copy of the original credit agreement and the deed of assignment. They have to provide these within 12 days or they commit a criminal offence. If they have not provided these within 30 days the debt becomes unenforceable by law. I would also send a Data Protection Act request to both Citicard & Capquest enclosing £10 each. Once the debt becomes "in dispute" you may well find it reverts back to Citicard. I would claim all charges back from both of them.

Thanks for that, is there any other legalities along the line that I need to watch out for. I was going to stop paying them until they supply me with this agreement.

Is there a template for this kind of letter in this Forum?

My Advice & opinions are mine, Please Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I have stop the payment indefinately to Capquest today. But my only concern is can they set bailiffs after me to seize my belongings?

Please I need further details regarding this topic.

I have stop the payment indefinately to Capquest today. But my only concern is can they set bailiffs after me to seize my belongings?

Please I need further details regarding this topic.

they can only use bailiffs if they get a court judgment on you.

Ok. Sorry to be a pain. At what point can they get this county court Judgement?

Would I have the orportunity to go to court and defend myself before they get this judgement against me or they can just do that automatically.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ok, have sent a letter out to capquest today enclosing £1 P/O and I await their reply. I will keep this thread posted once I have a reply from Capquest.

In the light that I have anymore question I will post it in the thread

Thanks Guys :D

Hi guys am back again, got a reply from Capquest today and their letter reads:-

Dear Mr Olebanks,

Further to you recent contact with our office and your request for further information in relation to the above account, we would confirm that your account is now on hold for 28days while we obtain the information you require.

If you have any proof of payment or correspondence that would assist with your query, please forward these document, with a brief covering letter, to our collection administration dept, so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Are they for real? can you imagine ...I dont quite understand, what correspondence do this goon think I would have when am actually asking that I dont have nothing on the account been with them. Guys what do you make of this letter. Do I need to reply and how?what do I put in my letter?:confused: :confused:

The most annoying thing is when I call my Debt management guys to cancel capquest off my book with them, you would think the lady I spoke to at my DMP office is out to share what ever money I pay to Capquest.

The lady was indirectly telling ,me in a rude and aggresive tone and indirectly that I should not struck them off their book. The goon are meant to be looking after my interest really. What do you think I should do about my DMP? any idea. Please advice. I was going to write to my DMP CEO and make a complaint, what do you think guys.:confused: :confused: afterall I intruct them act on my behalf with my creditor, it should nt be a war to ask them to take them off should it?:rolleyes:

I will wait for a reply on here before I decide.

Thanks

Hi Olebanks

NO don't reply to the letter and certainly do not send them any proof of payment or correspondence!

Sit quietly as the clock ticks by. Let them do all the running around and the last thing you want to do is to send them any reminders!

Regarding your debt management, it is likely that an arrangement has been made with all creditors which is dependant upon all debts sharing a percentage of what you can afford to pay. Does this sound familiar? If so if you pull the plug on one creditor the whole agreement becomes unenforceable. Which would be why the lady was none to pleased.

Hope this helps

Thanks you so much mate you've definately anwsered my question and yep it does sound familiar about the percentage been shared amongs the creditor.

But the point is my DMP guys doesnt need to write to any of the creditor because I wasnt going to reduce any of the creditors payment.

Since they wont be paying Capquest any more that mean they can slipt the capquet share on to the other creditor which increases what am paying them anyway that is the other creditors

The impression I have is if there payment is reduce then my DMP guys have to re-write to all the creditor to make a new arrangement.

Does this make sence?

You are probably better off awaiting the outcome of the CCA request before taking any action on DMP.

The question of rearranging the agreement is not quite as simple as you state. DMPs work on the assumption that all creditors are treated equally. If one suddenly drops out of the picture it may be seen that you favoured one over another and it may prove problematic getting them to agree another agreement.

I am a little concerned that Capquest have been pestering you if they are part of a DMP as they should know they are only entitled to their share and no more - to demand more is a fraud on the other creditors. You should bring this to the attention of your DMP guys.

Thanks mate I will wait for the outcome of the CCA before taking an action against the DMP guys.

To be honest I just do not like the way that lady at the DMP addressed me, in a manner that( I got my self into the mess in the first place). My debtness is not from going on exotic holiday or shopping spree. It was really caused by all this charges that kept going on my account.

Regarding the agreement I requested for,from Capquest I know a baliff guy that I play football with on sundays and he said he doesnt think capquest can get hold of the copy of agreement I requested for. He further said this kind of agreement doesnt exist and he doesnt know why DCA like capquest buy such a debt where a debtor can turn round and request for such agreement which by law am entitle to and they are not in the position to show it.

He thinks capquest will probably sell the debt to someone else.

What do you think?

I entirely sympathise about the charges causing the debt!

If Capquest can not prove that they own the debt they can hardly sell it to someone else. What can happen is that they pass the debt back to Citicard.

Thanks I just have to wait at see what happens now.

Hi again thread, Just got the same letter x3 from capquest. the letter read:-

Dear Mr Olebanks,

Further to you recent contact with our office and your request for further information in relation to the above account, we would confirm that your account is now on hold for 28days while we obtain the information you require.

If you have any proof of payment or correspondence that would assist with your query, please forward these document, with a brief covering letter, to our collection administration dept, so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

The letter has already been sent to me last week. For a reason they've decided to send them again. I think I should have got the message from capquest with the first letter.

There was also another letter in another envelop requesting for my identity which reads:

Dear Olebanks,

Thanks for your recent correspondence

In order to progress this account, please furnish us with proof of your date of birth. A copy of your driving license,passport or birth certificate for example.

Mean while please be advise that we have placed your account on hold for a period of 14 days pending the receipt of this information.

We thank you for your kind attention in this matter and await your response.

yours sincerely

Capquest.

Guys what do you think they need this information for? should I send it? Please advise.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks

Whatever you do don't send anything with your signature on it.

I'm not entirely sure if you are obliged to send this info or not. If they have been dealing with you for some time they should not require proof of identity.

Strange that they have asked for proof of date of birth as oppose to name and address. It maybe a stalling tactic.

I'll have a root round and see if I can find out if you are legally obliged to provide this info. Get back to you on this one.

It sounds like they want to verify your ID prior to sending anything out. Delaying the ID will delay the start date of the CCA request and affect when their time to action the request runs out.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Can't find anything stating you are legally obliged to provide this info. It might be worth sending them a copy of birth certificate and or utility bill. But avoid sending them anything with your signature on and don't personally sign any correspondence.

Thanks alot guys.

@ zootscoot I will wait for your info. I will scout round myself to see if I can get hold of any info too.

Ok.

I will send a Utility bill

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi again thread, Just got the same letter x3 from capquest. the letter read:-

Dear Mr Olebanks,

The letter has already been sent to me last week. For a reason they've decided to send them again. I think I should have got the message from capquest with the first letter.

There was also another letter in another envelop requesting for my identity which reads:

Dear Olebanks,

Thanks for your recent correspondence

In order to progress this account, please furnish us with proof of your date of birth. A copy of your driving license,passport or birth certificate for example.

Mean while please be advise that we have placed your account on hold for a period of 14 days pending the receipt of this information.

We thank you for your kind attention in this matter and await your response.

yours sincerely

Capquest.

Guys what do you think they need this information for? should I send it? Please advise.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks

your not required to send anything - they need to prove you owe teh debt not theother way round

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!