Welcome Finance

BS68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to the site but have a couple of issues that I thought I would discuss.

I stupidly purchased a loan from Welcome in June of this year, I know my credit score is not the best but I have not previously struggled with debt. My payments are scheduled for the end of every month, however, towards the end of November it was becoming clear that I was not going to be able to make a payment and so I made contact with my local branch to arrange an alternative payment date.

The first time I rang the woman who I spoke to seemed like she was able to help, but advised me that her computer system had gone down and she would have to give me a call back in the next 20 minutes. I heard nothing so rang back shortly after but there was no answer. I figured that as it was the end of the day, she probably just wanted to get home.

I rang up the next day and the person who I spoke to said they were unable to give payment breaks. I made them aware that the payment for November would not be paid until mid December when I next received some money. This I thought was noted.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been receiving phone calls from Welcome, the first of which I missed due to being at work. However, a message was left asking if I was interested in topping up my account in time for Christmas and if so to contact them. Obviously I was not interested. I then received a letter at the end of last week asking if they could tempt me with topping up my account. Again I was not interested.

Tonight I have received a phone call again but I chose to ignore it as I thought I am not interested in topping up my account. However, this time it isn't asking for me to top up my account but to make a payment on the overdue amount that I contacted them about 2 weeks ago.

The person who I spoke to is adamant that the phone calls they have been making have been chasing payment and that I will be charged for these, she has even spoken to my mum about my account saying that this is a serious matter and that I only had 15 minutes to get in touch with them before it became a police matter. Apparently, if I miss a payment in the first four months of taking out a loan with them it is classed as fraud?

This is the first time I have missed a payment and I made them aware of this.

The woman who I spoke to made no security checks on my account so I could have been anyone, and she kept referring to me as darling. Now I told her that I made an arrangement to pay this on the 19th Dec, but she wanted to take my details there and then. I told her I would contact them on Friday as arranged and make payment.

I realise that payments should be made on time, but she discussed my account with a third party and had she been a little bit more professional on the phone I would not have had a problem.

I am aware that I will now be charged for the phone call she made, but the previous phone calls were made to offer funds on my account and therefore I am reluctant to pay anything more than the agreed monthly payment. I have a record of the voice mail I received that if she does insist on involving the police I will be more than happy to share.

If people have any comments, they would be much appreciated, sorry for the long post.

Hi,

I am new to the site but have a couple of issues that I thought I would discuss.

I stupidly purchased a loan from Welcome in June of this year, I know my credit score is not the best but I have not previously struggled with debt. My payments are scheduled for the end of every month, however, towards the end of November it was becoming clear that I was not going to be able to make a payment and so I made contact with my local branch to arrange an alternative payment date.

The first time I rang the woman who I spoke to seemed like she was able to help, but advised me that her computer system had gone down and she would have to give me a call back in the next 20 minutes. I heard nothing so rang back shortly after but there was no answer. I figured that as it was the end of the day, she probably just wanted to get home.

I rang up the next day and the person who I spoke to said they were unable to give payment breaks. I made them aware that the payment for November would not be paid until mid December when I next received some money. This I thought was noted.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been receiving phone calls from Welcome, the first of which I missed due to being at work. However, a message was left asking if I was interested in topping up my account in time for Christmas and if so to contact them. Obviously I was not interested. I then received a letter at the end of last week asking if they could tempt me with topping up my account. Again I was not interested.

Tonight I have received a phone call again but I chose to ignore it as I thought I am not interested in topping up my account. However, this time it isn't asking for me to top up my account but to make a payment on the overdue amount that I contacted them about 2 weeks ago.

The person who I spoke to is adamant that the phone calls they have been making have been chasing payment and that I will be charged for these, she has even spoken to my mum about my account saying that this is a serious matter and that I only had 15 minutes to get in touch with them before it became a police matter. Apparently, if I miss a payment in the first four months of taking out a loan with them it is classed as fraud?

This is the first time I have missed a payment and I made them aware of this.

The woman who I spoke to made no security checks on my account so I could have been anyone, and she kept referring to me as darling. Now I told her that I made an arrangement to pay this on the 19th Dec, but she wanted to take my details there and then. I told her I would contact them on Friday as arranged and make payment.

I realise that payments should be made on time, but she discussed my account with a third party and had she been a little bit more professional on the phone I would not have had a problem.

I am aware that I will now be charged for the phone call she made, but the previous phone calls were made to offer funds on my account and therefore I am reluctant to pay anything more than the agreed monthly payment. I have a record of the voice mail I received that if she does insist on involving the police I will be more than happy to share.

If people have any comments, they would be much appreciated, sorry for the long post.