Barclay Cash acct question.

columbo2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am hoping a Barclay Bank employee will be able to answer a question I have.

I applied for a cash card acct with Barclay. I just wanted a basic acct with internet banking but no overdraft or other perks... because my credit rating is extremely poor didn't thnk I would qualify for a current acct.

Anyway, I called and requested internet banking - told by the call centre that details would be sent via email (ie password ) in 5 days.

Today I called up again and told there was no record of my request. Furthermore password details are sent via post and not email. Barclay stated this has now been posted out to me.

Got home to find a letter stating I did not have a current account and therefore online banking is not an option on the type of acct I have. And to go to my local branch to discuss an upgrade.

However I MANAGED to register online this evening and I do have access to my acct.

I am a little confused! One minute I'm being told no online banking, yet I can logon and view my acct???

Any Barclay Bank employees shed any light on this query?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi columbo,

I had the misfortune of working for Barclays for 10 years, but left 2 years ago. My information on the cash card account may be out of date, but I doubt they do many updates on this type of product.

The account is basic and doesn't come with any extras which includes online banking. When you call the call centre you will get through to someone who has had 1 weeks training on all aspects of barclays products and services and then let loose on the general public. They will treat all accounts as standard current accounts and therefore will tell you your online banking passcode is on its way. It isn't.

You can log online to view your account and see past statements, but you cannot make any transactions online. If this is all you need to do then thats fine. Unfortunately you won't be able to conduct bill payments or set up standing orders.

Interestingly, direct debits are not supposed to be available on the cash card account either. This does not prevent them being set up or used on a regular basis. Every so often a jobsworth admin may see some dd's set up on one of these accounts and summarily cancel them all without notice because "they are not allowed".