40 hrs pay???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im full time 40hrs week and over the last few months i might only get 30hrs , what i need to know is, if my employer says that's it your finished for day do they have to still pay me for the whole day,and if for instance i do 9hrs Monday through to Thursday and only 4 on Friday do they still have to pay me up to 8hrs on Friday, otherwise i lose overtime, when its down to them.

thanks for any help.

What does your contract say about working hours and pay?

It may help if you post the relevant section on pay and hours from your SMT

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

i started part time june 07 and in oct 07 i told them in full time, so no contract, but im sure that after excepting an change for 13 weeks then thats binding as a contract isnt it?? i get paid 40 hrs holiday so im employed as 40hrs aweek,

An employee should receive something in writing stating the terms and conditions of employment within 2 months of starting a job (though this is not necessarily a contract, contracts may be verbal) which includes pay, hours, holiday entitlement, etc. Changes to contract may be made verbally, but any changes in terms and conditions should, again, be in writing. Changes to the terms SHOULD be negotiated, unless there's very good reason not to. By continuing to work you are deemed to have accepted the changes.

There are no laws regards pay for overtime etc, just that you must be paid above the minimum hourly rate averaged out over all hours worked.

There are also implied and assumed terms - things that should be obvious from the nature of a job - e.g. if you are in the middle of something crucial, it may not be appropriate to just leave at 5.30pm but to finish the task in hand first. Likewise, if there is nothing to do on a particular day, your employer could be wasting money keeping everyone in and the company is better off sending people home early.

You are not alone in having hours cut as many people are having this in order to ensure a business' survival at the moment. If it worries you, you must talk to your boss and find out if it's a permanent thing and where you stand.

You really also need to ask your employer for written T&Cs of your position and work it out from there. You are entitled to receive these.