• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

emlv egg advice please

emlv2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

the procedure is as far as i'm aware, the same. send a CCA request plus £1.00 cheque or postal order by recorded delivery to their office.

DO NOT sign your name but print it

A few more details about the problem would be helpful

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

well, are you in arrears to egg

have they sent a default notice to you

are they selling the debt

you know the usual stuff or are you just covering all bases should you have to default in the future.

I'm assuming it was in your OH name so he (she?) has to send in the CCA request.

If you are asking these questions in order to avoid paying what you legally owe then that's a different matter.

The role of the forum is not to avoid paying debts but to ensure that the DCA's follow the rules and if they don't then that's their loss.

fox:cool:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

in answer to your questions

1.yes he is in arrears

2. default notice threatened

3.not selling the debt as far as we can tell

4.not covering all bases just wanted help the cca would be in oh name but i would deal with it as its hard to do for him bein in hospital for the next 12 weeks.

am on a payment plan but are still added int and cgs

am not intending to avoid debt just trying to help it.

Morning:)

That's fine. I was only being nosy anyway lol

I'd still CCA them to see what they send back.

A while back I sent a letter to a credit card company asking them to freeze the interest and charges so long as I made regular payments. Don't know if egg will do that but I'd wait till you get the CCA back.

All the best to your oh

I'm going to PM a member of the site team who may be able to assist more.

fox

my oh signed up about 2 year ago online and got an egg card. what is the procedure and what can i claim

CCA verification and unlawful charges reclaim are completely separate activities, with one independent of the other. Going by reports in this forum the first pursuit is of doubtful value but the second has been proven 100% successful with Egg, proven 100 times:

V-E Day: Victory over Egg

Unlike other cards Egg does not make a song and dance about resisting charges refund, so long as you send the proven successful template letters. By enclosing £5 cheque you can request from Egg a list of dates and amounts of past "overlimit" and "late payment" penalty charges, all of which are due for refund regardless of the closure of your account. Reply will normally be prompt, but you may be asked to furnish photocopy of drivers licence or passport, and an original utility bill to prove you are who you say you are, and not another party trying his luck.

Alternatively by enclosing £10 you can send a formal Subject Access Request, and receive in return a one-inch-high pile of paper recording everything Egg keeps for your account, but this can take up to 6 weeks.

With such an itemised list you can send your first letter in plain English to claim from Egg full refund plus 8% per annum interest on the charges. You could try to claim more interest but be prepared for a long struggle with doubtful results. Egg will then send you a standard template letter saying the charges were not in their opinion unlawful.

Upon receipt of this you can send your second letter adapted from the template below to say, "Oh yes they were". This will normally be sufficient, and Egg will refund into your account reducing the balance outstanding, hopefully within a few weeks or even less, without the hassle of legal paperwork, court attendance or delay. Going by recent form Egg are unlikely to refund by cheque. Good luck. :)

03 weeks - 22 JAN 2008 - WINNING TEMPLATE LETTER - andrew_nwide - WON!! Egg Smashed £900

Thanks Mistermind. I bow to your knowledge. I didn't quite know how to advise on this one. I'll take your info on board in case i get asked that again.

fox

hiya,

The chances are that the CCA is valid as it was taken out only a couple of years ago. online signatures became valid a few years ago. Get the S.A.R request in and once that comes back you will be in a better position to assess where you stand. Mistermind's post saya it all really.

fox

right i think im going to send a telephone harrasment letter and a sar in the same envelope rec del and 10 cheque then wait 40 days for response then put in request for charges and interest although because it was paid d/d before dont think we had any charges until d.d stopped thats only been 3 months ago

Best advice you can do after sending the SAR is to relax,have a stiff drink and wait and wait and wait. With CC's and DAC's speed doesn't fall into their vocabulary. try not to worry. You are doing everything you can at the moment.

I'm off to bed soon but as I'm a total CAGaddict, I'll be back on tomorrow:-D

fox

posted a telphone harrasment letter off to egg today and spookily they have just phoned so i answered and was greeted with a good evening madam i told the operator to hang on one moment which she replied sure i went to my computer and got up the harrasment by telephone letter and read it out over the phone word for word the answer was sorry to have bothered madame good evening at which the phone went dead

ha youve got to love it xx

hi there just a bit of advice please the other day i sent egg after constant calls a letter of harrasment and payment plan offer i had no calls for 1 day then this morning a mound of calls every 15 mins from 08.00 up to now i answered the last call and again advised of telephone harrasment and all conf be in writing the phone went dead have i done the right thing.?

bump anyone please x soz for bump i know im just an eager beaver but i would like to get this sorted in my mind so i know exactly wat to do and am confident with these people next time they phone or send further corres

Edited by emlv2000

I take it these calls are from Egg and not DCA. Telephone monkeys paid £6 per hour are likely to have been given a list of hundreds of phone numbers to ring regardless of account history. Until this is brought to the attention of higher-up Egg managers phoning may resume as the unsatisfied phones list is passed from one monkey to another.

If you write and point out that 2 initiatives are now under way:

(1) Unlawful charges refund with certainty of favourable result,

(2) Request for CCA with unknown outcome,

The balance you owe is unresolved. When resolved then you will arrange a monthly payment plan with Egg. Until then Egg are wasting their time and money. The problem with saying NO or putting the phone down, is that the monkeys will keep coming back without passing your message onto the boss.

You need to write and bring the responsible organ grinder into control.

Good luck for a harassment-free week. :-D