• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Six posts unapproved pending approval by admin. Just being careful to protect CAG, so no conspiracy theories please.;)

Conspiracy? Swift? perish the thought, we all know they are a respectable and responsible lender at the top of their profession in a difficult credit environment and suffering from the backlash of all those rogue borrowers and debtors who read consumer forums thinking they can get out of their responsibilities by using irrelevant laws to try and scuttle their financial liabilities and put respectable businesses in severe financial hardship.

It is quite understandable that the CAG site admin team monitor and keep these rogue debtors under control to avoid any legal liabilities we may exposure the site to and you will continue to have our support 100% in doing so. Well done Caro. ;)

A1

I keep getting Cagbotted - must be being naughty too often...are we touching nerves or something? ..:D ( A Cagbot is recognition we are getting too close!) :p They'll start whipping my green blobbys off soon if I'm not careful....

Big New Flash

JUst had a nice converstaion with "my colleagues" in N.Ireland as Mr Webster called them in an e-mail to me..they have a meeting with their Barrsiter tomorrow where they will be handing over some more very sensitive confidential information.

After that they have an appointment with the producer of Spotlight , the N.Ireland equivalent of Panorama at 2.30 for lunch on Thursday all paid for by Spotlight who have already gathered their own info about Swift.

Swift will wish they had treated these two with more respect than they have in the past..............Trust Me I know.

sparkie

I thought you said they were your 'associates' Sparkie? :p

Hi Apollo,

I agree, I have noticed that it takes ages to get through. Not sure about their customer service team but I sure would not like to work in their complaints department!!

:D

What happened to Cabot when the shock of consumer backlash hit them was that their staff become inundated with complaints and requests for information. This puts strain on their usually scant basic admin team and they have to 'rearrange' the office and jobs. They got swamped and I wouldn't be surprised if that hasn't happened already at Swift, it's a major shift in operations on a daily basis and they will not have been expecting this explosion in backlash...they take their eye's off the ball, lose their cockiness and then they start making even more mistakes than they do normally. That adds to the burden of even more letters to answer, puts a strain on staff and management and they start pulling their hair out and attacking one another, especially when the complaints are identifiable with all their staff as they know they are rip-off merchants it's just nobody had ever done anything about it before - keep up the pressure and you'll see many cracks appearing :D

• Haha 1

I quite agree Marky, this is not about the troopers, it wasn't with Cabot - no-one wants to see people losing their jobs at any level, all we asked Cabot to do was abide by the law - That's all! they didn't and they paid the price as will Swift - there is nothing sinister about what we are doing on here, just asking for what is legally and morally right - if they want to play by different rules that's up to them, but management, you are quite right, are to blame for this for being greedy, thinking they are above the law and can bend the rules to suit themselves. Well in this day and age that doesn't wash and it just cost Cabot £18million in one year alone to find out what happens and I look forward to the next years losses too. And still I read threads on here which show they never learn or try to continue with their stupid antics - they will continue to pay as will Swift until it is rammed down their throats they won't get away with it. These are hard nuts, swilling around throwing their weight about because they have done it for years, well the bigger they are the harder they fall ;)

I agree somewhat with that........but according to Swifts accounts signed by Mr Webster Swift reduced their staff by 14..............he then states that this saved the Company £1.5 million pounds this means that each of these 14 personel were being paid an average of over £2600 per week.??????;):D:confused::confused: some salary that is!!!!

ITS IN THEIR ACCOUNTS RIGHT IN YOUR FACE

Another reason for their high charges maybe????:rolleyes:....Maybe now they.are gone ....is the reasonSWift have told us that they are reducing them a little bit:?::rolleyes:

sparkie

Nah Sparkie, not all salaries - you forgot they give Luncheon Vouchers :D

quote=andrew1;2633011]Sorry to pick you up on your Spelling sir

" especially when we have Absolute confirmation from Mark Whitebunder "

you left the 'l' out in the last word....

:D:DI didn't leave an l out................ I inserted a b before the ..."under oath":-D:-D:-D

And as the banks say .........It was just a "typographical error" as we all have had it explained to us as such:-D:-D

sparkie

Sorry, I thought his name was Mark Whiteblunder - seemed appropriate

It can't be. You are talking about it being securitised and Webster and Payne have both confirmed in writing Swift do not securitise. They'd hardly lie now would they being CEO and the firms solicitor!

SC

So why would Swift sell their loan book to Kestrel if it's not securitised?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Sparkie

I am new to all this but have been reading up on a lot of comments you have made about swift. Am I correct in saying you took your case to court and won? I was taken to court by Swift and I was granted a suspendid possesion order, but still have it hanging over me. I have ben trying to find my agreement but can only find the one they sent to court.I was led to believe I was takeing out a second mortgage that would run along side my first mortgage and would end at the same time.didn't realy look at the paper work properly, even when the judge asked if the figure was correct I said yes.I think I was so scared of loosing my house I didn't even think then. but since reading your vast notes I can see im another victim.amount of credit was £31,000,00 monthly repayment £302.71 number of repayments 300 apr 9.84% p.a.variable , no apr listed.taken out in jan 2007. they have taken me back to court twice and on both times have been over ruled as the second time they were making out I had missed a payment which infact I hadn't.I had been paying the cash into their account each month in the bank and they hadn't been credating it to my account for 2-3 days.which I pointed out to the judge and to tld them that they needed to have a look at this.do you think from what little information I have given you that it is woth me trying to take it bac to court to gt it over tuurned?

Glad you are out of Hospital

Tophat

Can you tell us how that £31,000 was made up exactly?

Hi Sparkie

I think I recieved a cheque for £31,000.00 but will have to look for the old bank statements for that account.,I also think it was a Barcklays bank cheque.It just said 9.84%p.a. variable.the interest is calculated unde the agreement on the daily outsatnding balance and applied to the account on the date of each monthly payment set out as above. Hope I have answered your questiones some what.

Did Swift pay any other older accounts for you before you got the balance? ie: any loans you had prior to this loan, secured loans, arrears to your mtg or anything like that or was this just a loan for you to do what you liked with?

As Sparkie says, this is important how the loan was applied for, how the monies were distributed and who got paid what and by whom from the proceeds of this loan. Was it paid to you directly and how much, by a solicitor acting for you - what?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling here that Ms Hughes is referring to the Chief Executive of Swift is she not? Mr Webster rather than the Ch.exec of the House of Commons.

I wouldn't hold your breath on what he might respond with following the results of account holders on this thread...

I take it the comment about " I am not quite sure who/what the 'Chief Executive' is or does, but lets see what materialises. are your words Marky rather than Ms Hughes?

I dont think Ms Hughes is daft enough to write to the Chief Exec of Swift to ask if what his company is doing is legal, do you? Of course she means the Chief Exec of the HOC

I dont hold my breath for anything Andrew, I just do my bit, along with many others here in the hope that one day all our efforts might just make a difference. If I did not believe that then whats the point?

You may be right Marky, but I would put money on the letter going to Webster. I can't see her point in writing to the CH Exc of the HOC, but perhaps you're right. Your 'bit' is very important so well done and keep it up. There are many account holders here who will benefit from the end result even if they have not done as you have in writing.

Be interesting to hear what comes back from either party.

• 3 weeks later...
I have just had reply from the OFT acknowledging the e-mail I sent them posted above.

It does suggest that they are working on Swifts complians case still

sparkie

I have been advised that they are not allowed to suggest anything of the sort.

• 3 weeks later...
I notice sparkie has not been around lately, hope all is ok, he has been through so much, it makes me feel ashamed, he has kept this thread going and informed, god knows how he has coped. I hope with all my heart that he wins and get compensation for the trauma he has been through, to me the man is a hero.

You should know better than that :p - he's scheming :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks