CCJ Problem

Glenn59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently have a CCJ listed against me, that was satisfied in 2006. It has never been marked as such, and I was told that the company SME Insurance or Sheffield County Court should have registered it as such.

As this has never happened do I have any rights to seek damages for false information on my credit files, as I doubt I can apply to have it removed due to other people not doing their jobs.

This insurance company had a payment plan with me and then sent the baliffs and were even claiming money that had already been paid to them, as I supplied the court/baliffs with receipts from the company.

Anyone know aht rights I might have?

As I understand it, if a CCJ is settled (satisfied) within 28 days of award it is not reported on your credit file.

If the CCJ is settled after 28 days, it is reported as satisfied.

If the CCJ is being payed down gradually, it will not show as satisfied.

You are entitled to have your record reflect the true situation. If you settled the CCJ in full you should have had a certificate of satisfaction from the claimant. You could then send this to the Registry Trust and ask them to adjust your record accordingly.

It is your responsibility to do this.

Regards

Lantana