• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell finacial/Lowell Portfolio 1

linz74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont worry about the CCA they may produce from Cap One. It is likely to be unenforcable as its probably an application form which is neither a properly executed CCA agreement nor will it contain the prescribed terms. Sit back and wait and see what rubbish they come up with.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr TWS while I admire your campaign against our friends in Leeds I think I should clear up a misconception.

Just because a debt is Statute Barred does not mean it does not exist any more. The debt still exists but it is not legally enforcable. Lowell are entitled to ask for payment of it if they have legally purchased it. They are not allowed however to make out that they have any legal powers to enforce collection or that the non payment of the debt to them will in any way be reflected on your credit reference files. If someone pays Lowells any money against this Statute Barred debts the courts will assume that such payments have been made of their own free will and that Lowells are legally entitled to keep the money. Lowells are very careful in the wording of their letters and certainly stretch the legal boundaries to their limits but they must cease collection activity when informed that the debt is Statute Barred and the alleged debtor has no intention of paying.

As I have said before WAIT and see what they actually come up with. If Mr Bartle was so sure that he could produce a Valid CCA along with all the prescribed terms he would not be offering a discount to you. The letter is designed to get you to pay up without seeing the CCA. If they produce a Valid CCA along with all the prescribed terms and you decide to pay them then there would be no need for a court case. He is using this as a threat to get you to pay now.

Just wait to see what if anything these idiots come up with and pay no attention to empty threats

• Haha 1

Pity Andrew Bartle didnt have proof of the alleged debt before he started chasing it. Even if they do manage to come up with some paperwork from CAPONE its very likely that this will just be an application form which does not contain the prescribed terms and is therefore U N E F O R C A B L E

• 4 weeks later...

Lowell Portfolio/Lowell Farcical/Red Debt/Hamptons are all trading names of the Lowell group. I suspect the use of so many names is more an attempt at tax avoidance and scarin g people into thinking they are more bigger than they really are. What it boils down to is the same garbage being generated by the same idiots using different notepaper.

"we're sending the boys round" one from them. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in that the correspondence may well have crossed, so the ball's still in their court.
That would be their imaginary, invisble hilariously named 'Licensed Field Agents'. They are a rare phenomena as NOBODY has ever seen them yet. They are I suspect a figment of Mr Bartles vivid imagination:rolleyes:

Looks like Andrew has failed again. Most old Capone agreements are unenforcable. Lowells will probably try to palm this off to their Kilmarnock pals in order to make a few quid. If MH get in touch you can refer them to Lowells who are in default of your CCA request.

Well now, I've had another letter from these guys and its a beauty! It starts:

"We are in receipt of your request for a copy of your credit agreement in accordance with section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974"

I didn't send them a CCA request.

"We are also in receipt of the prescribed fee from you"

No, they aren't.

It then goes on to say they will endevour to comply in 12 days but that is dependant on receipt of information from the original creditor, and so on. The original creditor hasn't been able to comply with a cca request for someting like 3 years!

You could always ask them for a refund of your quid when they cannot produce the CCA:lol:

In a weeks time you will get a fantastic letter from them saying again that they have requested your CCA from their 'client' but offering you a great discount if you pay them within 3 days. They will go on to say that WHEN they get the CCA you will be required to pay in FOOL (sic)

A few days later you will get another screed saying that they are still waiting on their client getting the information but they are still happy to accept a reduced payment

I imagine they read this forum - hi guys - and I'm sure they could work out who I am if they want to so I probably won't have to reply to them directly. I think we'll wait and see what transpires.

Of course they read this forum. They even post on here as well. It must be disheartening for them to know what dispicable leeches we think they are working in their telephon threat centre.

Spot on! I got the first of these letters this morning, but they have corrected the spelling mistake. Have they thanked you for pointing it out to them?

Lowell are nothing if not predictable.

Now wait for the next one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Generally yes. Overdrafts are not covered by the CCA although Lowells should have some proof of the alleged debt. When did you last make a payment on the account