My Claim -

loopylu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, have not posted on this forum before- I am claiming with Barclays - Initially they were good, sending me my statements through promptly. I sent my preliminary request for repayment letters 2 weeks ago - Deadline was today. So I thought I'd call them up and harass them a bit... get things moving.

My Branch manager tried to tell me that I had not sent a letter, and if I had they'd not received it. I told her to look again as I sent 1 recorded delivery and one first class. They tehn miracuously found it. After they realised I wasn't messing around they were helpful, checking that my complaint had been lodged with head office etc.

They have apparantly sent me a letter saying they will investigate the matter and get back to me. I am sending off tomorrow my letters before action, recorded delivery, to their head office, to my branch and a copy first class.

Hopefully they won't plead ignorance for this - but if they do I'm ready to go for it! You guys have helped me a lot. Thank you!

Also - had a funny moment when I went in the bank the other day - I was charged because they allowed me to top up my mobile phone in the uk while I was abroad - charged me because I couldn't check my balance and didn't realise I was overdrawn - the woman i asked about it sat me down and refused to refund it. I said didn't she think that the charges were unfair penalties for the amount I had actually cost them - she got very angry. We had a little arguement in the corner for a while. It got pretty close to pulling the "your mum" insults out. She pretty much told me "you've not got a hope in hell." SO I walked out of the bank, called the phone banking line where they refunded me £90 worth of charges within 4 minutes of me being on the phone. The look on her face when I went back in to tell her. Priceless. Her mum.

thank you all, you are an inspiration. We await the results.

Loopylu.

Barclays are an awkward bunch at the best of times but argueing with the staff and gloating to them will not help your case, (even if it does make you feel good).

Did you send a Data Protection Act SARS letter for details of all events regarding your account?

I would advise you to sit down and read through the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section to familiarise yourself with the procedures.

The path to your charges returned contains many potholes to trip you up if you are not sure of the route.

Remember you will be taking on a giant multinational financial organisation with unlimited funds and a good legal department...... It is essential that you fully understand what you are doing if you want to succeed.

Good luck.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Rooster,

Thanks for your comments but it was just a joke - I wouldn't bother going in to gloat at them because they aren't worth my time to gloat at. I have far more exciting things to do with my time. What I actually did was to lodge an official complaint against the customer advisor who was exceptionally rude to me and leave it at that. She doesn't even know I had my charges refunded by tele banking service, I was simply tring to make a bit of light hearted reading for other people going through the claims process - stressful times!

I understand the could-be consequences of this little project fully, but the more money they take off thousands of innocent victims each day, the more I want to help those people out.

Perhaps a laugh once in a while wouldn't go amiss?

Cheers.

Loopylu

Perhaps a laugh once in a while wouldn't go amiss?

I whole-heartedly agree.

And we will certainly have the last laugh. :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....