Cheques and Charges

Tony_Coe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I put in 2 cheques into my bank last wednesday 12/12/2007 and issued two cheques to suppliers last Friday 14/12/2007. I noticed this morning that the cheques I put into my bank had still not cleared and yet the two issued cheques on Friday have hit the account by this morning already.

With this happening it put my business account overdrawn. I was able to put the account back into credit but since then the Bank has issued my account with a £35 commission charge putting the account back £2 over drawn. This is even though the account is in credit but it isn't cleared funds. With this in mind they haven't put the money back into the account for the unpaid cheque.

I have since rung the business bank phone line but they ain't helping at all.

After ringing them they have now refunded one of the cheques which I issued to my suppliers. To me it feels like they have "bounced" this cheque due to the fact they had levided the £35 charge onto my account putting it overdrawn. Is this legal?

Does this fall under the normal bank charges in which I could claim back through the small claims court?

Any help in this matter would be very grateful.

Hi Tony,

If you've been charged any fees for this, you can reclaim them from bank but you may have to fight for it - Barclays are famous for taking it to the line.

Come back if you want any help with this and read here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/105213-guide-business-claims.html

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)