• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Jdc911 vs Arrow Global several problems advise please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is all very strange, I seem to be living your mums life!!! I too had a letter dated 03/07/07 that stated the balance had been assigned to Arrow Global on 09/03/07. I then get court papers today with another defendant who I have never heard of and lives at the other end of the country to me, and to top it all the particulars of claim state that 'the agreement was assigned to the claiment on 06/06/2007'. I was also to contact and had mail from Blackandwhite.co.uk offering loans and remortgages.To make things even better I have already sent a CCA request to Marlin who after commiting an offence (being well over the 12+2+30 days) sent me a barely legibly copy of an application form, minus any terms and conditions. In the court papers recieved today the date of the alleged credit agreement does not match the date on the application, which they told me in writing was my credit agreement. And to be extra cheeky they have added some interest to the ammount allegedly owed, which had remained the same for nearly a year.Have only just got in from work but will be phoning the court for advice tommorrow and keep you posted.I got bored a while back and google earthed the postcode of Marlin/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors and it appears that they work from a converted cow shed in the middle of nowhere!! In addition looking on the Law Society website there is only one registered solicitor working for Mortimer Clarke and his name isnt Mortimer. You can find his name in the small print at the bottom of their headed paper.Anyway good luck!! PS is anyone else living our life, maybe we will all get the same court date!!!

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Hi all,

I phoned Northampton Court today regarding my court papers which had a mystery co-defendant, and the lady I spoke to was quite helpful. Once I had given her the claim no. she told me that Mortimer Clarke had filed a huge number of claims with errors in them. She told me to write across the front of the claim form 'CLAIMS IN ERROR' and return it to the court using the PO box number on the back of the delivery envelope. I will be doing this and sending it special delivery.

Anyway I am going to write to Trading Standards and the Solicitors Regulation Authority to report the lack of basic standards demonstrated by Mortimer Clarke. I would urge anyone else who has received court claims with errors from them to do the same. The more who do, the more chance of something being done.

Pookey

• Haha 1

Hi,

I received a letter today from Mortimer Clarke solicitors stating that a number of claims with incorrect details have been sent out from Northampton Court Bulk Centre, due toan error in their system prior to transfer of data to the Court. They enclosed a Notice of Discontinuance, but couldn't even get this right, as my mystery codefendant has changed from a Mrs to Mr! They then say that new claim forms will be sent out dated 11/12/2007 or later, I look forward to see what they can get wrong this time!

pookey