dad v nationwide

azucar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I've trying to get charges back for my dad. I've sent the SAR and then the prelim request followed by an LBA. I received pretty much the same response to both the prelim request and the LBA saying they're not going to 'respond fully to the complaint whilst the test case is running'.

I know quite a few people on this forum are saying that it's better to go ahead and just file a claim so that at least it's in the system. Are Nationwide settling claims even though the test case is going on at the moment?

Any additional advice welcome!

Are Nationwide settling claims even though the test case is going on at the moment?

No.

I know quite a few people on this forum are saying that it's better to go ahead and just file a claim so that at least it's in the system.

That way you will prevent any charges falling foul of the Limitation Act and will be accruing s69 8% interest in the meanwhile.

The downside is that you will have to pay court fees now, with little hope of a refund before Feb/Mar 2008 at the earliest.

If this is a problem, just wait until the test case is heard to file