style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just about to file my claim against halifax (1700)

i received a secound offer on saturday of £498, the first was £158,

do the courts frown on claimants who turn down offers? if so at what point is it deemed acceptable?

is there any point continuing this back and forth negotiation with them or just post the claim?

any advice gratefully received!

Just post the claim.. unless of course you want to give them £1200 of your money?

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

I didnt have any intention of accepting their offer just wondered if it was worth keep negotiating or go straight to claim and wether the courts looked unfavourably on claimants who refused offers and negotiation.

if they made you an offer before the lba stage you state you will accept the £X offered as partial payment but will be persuing the full balance,

if nothing enters your account before the LBA 14 days is up - procede with the claim in full

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

I didnt have any intention of accepting their offer just wondered if it was worth keep negotiating or go straight to claim and wether the courts looked unfavourably on claimants who refused offers and negotiation.

Well if they had made a sensible offer then it might be something to think about. Ask yourself what you want to achieve from this... do you want the full amount or are you happy to keep trying to negotiate? If the former...then look around the forum my friend.. the chances are better than average.. if the latter then be prepared to drag this out forever because they're not going to offer up to the amount you want.

It is entirely up to you whether you accept this offer as an interim payment and pursue the rest but it's not essential either way. Myself... I prefered to pursue the full amount from the start and not accept part payments here and there.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

• 1 month later...