Bank charges- advice needed

Dayzee1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

I am currently trying to recover £418.00 of charges from Natwest- all of which have been taken between May and October 2007.

I previously recovered £280.00 from Natwest in May this year- all I did was sent letter 1 and the money was refunded 2 weeks later by customer relations.

However, this is my second time.

I sent letter 1 nearly 2 weeks ago (2 weeks next Monday) and since then I have recieved a standard photocopied letter informing me that Natwest will not investigate my 'complaint' until the test case is over.

They have said that the standard time limits will no longer apply because they have asked the FOS and the courts to put a hold on all cases while they await the result and they have no idea when this will be.

So basically in other words- 'You've got no chance'.

I don't know how the land lies in relation to my rights as the whole 'test case' thing is new to me. I have no idea how to proceed with this.

Now that the time limits no longer apply and the courts are supposedly putting a hold on bank charges claims, is there any point?

Can somebody in 'the know' advise me please?

Thanks in advance

Hi Dayzee1980 you still need to have your compalint logged because WHEN the banks are found to be in the wrong you may not be able to backdate your claim.

Obviously in your case the Limitation Act wouldnt come into it but for some OP's it could mean losing some of the older charges if they didnt have their complaint logged.

Nearly all cases reaching court are being stayed except ones that can be proven that they are causing you extreme hardship.

Good luck

Hello. Am waiting till in the red before claiming back charges. Is it right that NatWest will likely close my account after. What does one do to protect standing orders etc? I do have another Bank Account but they charge too, but not as bad? Which are the best banks to move on to? ~ I've heard Co-op and Nationwide - is that right??

Is it right that NatWest will likely close my account after. What does one do to protect standing orders etc? I do have another Bank Account but they charge too, but not as bad? Which are the best banks to move on to? ~ I've heard Co-op and Nationwide - is that right??

Hi Kate. Welcome on board.

Can you start your own thread here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/

Its only fair, and less confusing.

I have heard the CO OP are pretty good.

A lot depends on what you want from them.

I like their political policies and beliefs.

No its not likely that Nats will close your account unles you really P them off.

When you have started your own thread, ask as many questions as you want, and somebody will be along soon.

Will have a look after footie.

TTFN

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

tony

sorry to be a pain but am a reeelly green newb and have been to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/ and can't work out how/where to start a new thread - can anyone do an idiots guide? - that's why I found a subject closest to my own ~ yours??

Nobody is ever a pain on here.

We ALL started somewhere.

Me, with the daftest questions ever.

Off for a shandy now, will look in when i get home.

Keep asking, we will help you.

Good Luck

Tc.

P.S.. New thread is in bottom left hand corner, then just do as you did here.;-) ;-)

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.