Warm Front Grant

lynzfa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i WAS ACCEPTED FOR A WARM FRONT GRANT OF £4000 FOR MY HOUSE AS I HAVE NO CENTRAL HEATING AND WHEN I RECIEVED MY QUOTE AFTER THE SURVEYOR HAD BEEN THEY WANTED AN EXTRA £2800 ON TOP OF THE PRICE OF THE QUOTE.tHEY SAID THIS WAS DUE TO THE BOILER BEING OUTSIDE.sO WE CHANGED IT SO THAT THE BOILER COULD BE INSIDE THE HOUSE BUT THEY ARE STILL WANTING MORE MONEY O TOP OF THE GRANT.i WAS TOLD WE WOULD BE PUT ON A PRIORITY LIS AS I HAVE THREE CHILDREN ALL UNDER 5.tHIS WAS STARTED 9 MONTHS AGO AND WE ARE STILL WAITING.wE THOUGHT THE PRICES WERE HIGH SO WE GOT SOME LOCAL QUOTES AND WERE TOLD BY ALL OF THEM IT WOULD COST ABOUT £2000 FOR EVERYTHING.WE TOLD WARM FRONT THIS AND ASKED IF WE COULD GET SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR US SO THAT WE HAD SOME HEATING BEFORE CHRISTMAS BUT THEY SAID IT HAD TO BE SOMEONE THEY APPOINTED.WE CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY THE EXTRA WHICH IS WHY WE APPLIED FOR A GRANT IN THE FIRST PLACE SO WHAT CAN WE DO.WE HAVE TRIED THE COUNCIL AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO.WARM FRONT HAVE SAID THERE WILL BE NO HEATING IN BEFORE CHRISTMAS EVEN IF WE PAY THE EXTRA.I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AS MY HOUSE IS SO COLD,WE HAVE NO GAS SUPPLY IN THIS VILLAGE WHICH IS WHY WE NEED LPG OR OIL HEATING.MY KIDS ALL HAVE CHEST INFECTIONS AND ARE CONSTATNLY COUGHING.MY YOUNGEST CHILD IS 18 MONTHS OLD.ANY ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO.

• 1 year later...

Hi just come across your post as warm front lot here at mo installing oil central heating, so having a browe on net about them. Don't know if you ever went ahead with warm front grant but the gov have now increased the grant to £6000 for oil heating if work has not yet started, so only costing our landlords £38 to have heating put in! Might be worth re applying if you didn't go ahead before.