Nasty tricks by Nationwide - your contributions please

clayts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read a couple of postings on this forum which concern me. Folks have stated that after successfully getting the charges (+interest & court costs) Nationwide have stopped their cards and blocked online access. This is before the 30 day threat to close the account down, I believe.

How many people have been affected by this and, from a purely selfish point of view (ie before I start my action/get my parachute account opened) :

(i) was your account a current account or just the basic bank account with cashcard

(ii) had you exceeded your authorised overdraft before commencing the action

(iii) had you received any warning from the Nationwide that they would restrict access to your account

(iv) how did you get the money out of your account if you couldn't access internet/ATM banking - did you have to close your account over the counter ?

Thanks for your help

I have been affected so here are your answers:

1) Full account; cheque book & debit card.

2) No overdraft but their fees forced me into unauthorised overdraft

3) Nope, no warning at all.

4) I believe I have to go into the branch to close it on Monday. Last time I went in they wouldn't give me any details; withdrew internet access, ate my card in the cashpoint and stopped sending me statements.

Nice :rolleyes:

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I have a basic account with Nwide, cash card, no overdraft. They wrote to me the other day, giving me 30 days notice that they were closing my account. But I still have access to internet banking and can still use my card. They seem to be treating people differently, I don't know why.

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

Thanks for contributions thus far.

I think if these tricky tricksters try this with me, I'll be inclined to seek an injunction against them. This really is retaliatory action of the meanest kind by the Nationwide.

Members meeting in Birmingham in July may be worth attending for those who have had their accounts closed - any one up for some collective protesting ?

Members meeting in Birmingham in July may be worth attending for those who have had their accounts closed - any one up for some collective protesting ?

I will be at the AGM...

--

Nationwide started 25/4 Statements 19/5/06 Settled by Tomlin order

Barclaycard started 26/4 Statements 3/6 £350 claimed

Claim 6QZ42513 - Default Judgement 1/8/06 - Settled for £358

New claim started for further charges, Prelim letter 3/10

DPA issues included in claim

Capital One started 26/4 Statements 31/5/06 £550 claimed Claim 6QZ46307 - Settled for £552

Littlewoods account default REMOVED

Camden Council PCN £84.59 claimed Claim 6QZ54253 issue 22/9/2007 Claim dismissed :mad:

Parachute packed and tested :!: and they know who I am now...

Moneyclaim is STILL busy... ;)

<link removed - sorry>