Jump to content

WontGetFooledAgain

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About WontGetFooledAgain

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. They've paid the court fee (#43) What they didn't do, was pay the total amount as instructed on the 'court' papers. Instead, Sofology have dealt directly with BPF in cancelling loan....leaves me exactly where I want to be, and not at all out of pocket! In the end....I opted for 'settled'....seemed to best describe the outcome. I've informed Sofology of the 'settled' status of the claim....hoping that's the end of it??
  2. Almost there....Barclays just informed me that the credit agreement is cancelled, and the refund of deposit paid now back in my account:-D Think I'm happy to adjust claim status now...."settled" appears to be the correct option at the mo' (the other being "paid in full"...which doesn't ring true, as Sofology/Barclays have ended agreement without passing any monies to myself) Again....just want to be sure, not wanting to be at home to Mr Cockup again..
  3. Well....questionable choice of (my) words aside....looks like it's all over!! Sofa was collected this afternoon....and re-payment of my deposit initiated. They've even stopped asking me to mark claim as 'settled'...and accept that I'll be waiting for everything to 'clear' before I do so. As Borat would say...."Great Success"..... BTW....when the time comes, is it just a matter of ticking the 'paid' button in Claim Status Options?? Once again....huge thanks for all your help with this....it's a great forum!!! Merry Xmas....and I've made a donation through Paypal
  4. Thanks king12345 and Andyorch....... went for...."I refer to our earlier conversation, and email below and I expect collection of your sofa on 23rd, with subsequent cancellation of finance agreement and refund of deposit. I will be happy to inform the Court that the matter is settled after I hear back from you on the 24th. To do otherwise would effectively mean be a lie to the Court, which is something I'm not prepared to do. Should an alternative earlier collection time become available, I'd be happy to fit in with that, and enable a swifter arrival at a final settlement time." ......I'm sure that Sofology wouldn't want me to lie:roll:
  5. RESULT..........!! Sofology got the court papers today.....and called me up at today! No mention of receiving Court papers too early....which surprised me. "Following receiving your court claim form, we have decided to go ahead with a full cancellation and refund to save you the stress and inconvenience of a court case. " (Bless 'em ) They've paid my £70 court fee......arranged pickup for Sunday....and say that refund of deposit paid (and cancellation with BPF) will go ahead on Monday. However...they want me to inform the Courts that the case is settled...and to do it now!! Happy to settle on the MCOL page.....am I putting myself in a daft position by ticking the 'settled' box at this stage? (....think I know the answer to this!!)
  6. The bit that leaps out to me...is: "Early Right to Rejection • If a fault is discovered within 30 days of receipt of the goods, the consumer may reject the goods and seek a full refund." (Which is where BankFodder came in post #2!) So Barclays are fibbing.....or just don't know the rules??
  7. Thanks Andyorch....the lad I spoke to was very quick to say there was nothing to be done once I had pressed the button. Bit of an update: Barclays got back to me this a.m. as part of the sect75 claim I started with them on 22nd November. They are saying: "Please be aware in order for the retailer to accept rejection they are within their rights to complete an inspection, is this something you would re-consider? " Are they correct...does this override my right to short term rejection? Should I feel wobbly??!
  8. Much appreciated king12345!! TBH....I'm quite happy at (the prospect of) losing my fee to the court in order to cut Sofology loose Will get back if/when there 's a development.
  9. ....spoke to MCOL....too late....only choice is to cancel...or leave as is! If I leave ..as is.......what's the worst that could happen? Is the chance for Sofology to refund/collect off the table now??
  10. Yo!!...sounds worth a try... Will have a go ....suppose it's goung to be 1st thin Monday morning:-D:-D:-D Thanks for't heads up! (think Yorkshire accent...)
  11. So...I cancel this 'case'....lose the £70....then start another when the 14 days have passed. If that's the way it's got to be..... Is there a procedure for cancelling....somewhere you can point me? Thanks BTW....I got myself in a bit of a spin this week with all of this!! PS.....what might their defence be?...I'm struggling with that if the 30 day rule applies!!
  12. Found this on MSE forum... "At the end of the day the case itself is not prejudiced by involving the courts too early. If the courts rule that the defendant owes you £50 then they owe it to you irrespective of the early issuing. That said, the defendant can petition the court that you were unreasonable prior to the litigation (eg giving 14 days in a letter but issuing after 10) and therefore that despite the fact you've won the case that you must carry the costs and may be deprived of interest charges." was hoping it would come down to losing my court fees.....??? Can live with that.....if it's the case??
  13. Think I pressed the button too soon.... Sent LBA on 8th....giving 14 days...then completed on-line process this morning, Now realising I've moved before the 14 days was up.... Aaaaghhh....where does this leave me please??
  14. Just been reading up, and realised I should tick NO for interest required....then I don't need to consider the 'fields' I referred to earlier... ....and coming to the conclusion that it might be better to drop BPF from the frame, and just stick with Sofology??????
  15. UPDATE.....and some clarification needed please!! Contacted by Sofology on Tues. afternoon. They've received LBA.....and offered to take back sofa, with loss of my £71.90 deposit. Told them that wasn't acceptable and I was going for 100% refund....as stated in letter. Was then told I'd be contacted in 48 hours....which has now gone. I assume that they're waiting for my next move? I now have moneyclaim form on screen....and there are a few 'fields' I need to be sure of: Date money became owed to you is this the date I 1st requested refund?? Date you are issuing the claim...???...date of LBA???....todays date??? Claim amount:.....pretty sure that's the full Sales Order amount Daily rate of interest up to the date of judgment:.....now I'm really stuck... Also...since there are 2 defendants...Sofology and BPF....does the following statement work?? Claimant purchased a sofa from the defendant 1 at cost £XXX, invoice reference XXX, this being financed by Defendant 2. On 1st day of delivery of the sofa the claimant became aware of defects and after 10 days, informed the defendant 1, and demanded a refund under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 and also that the defendant 1 arrange to collect the sofa. The defendant 1 has refused to give the refund or to collect the sofa. ( Where does defendant 2 come in??...feels a bit shaky.) The claimant claims £XXX plus interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984 I'm wondering if it might be best just to stick to the one defendant (Sofology)...as BPF are currently (supposedly) doing a sect 75 investigation on my behalf?....Oh what a tangled web!!!! Just want to get this spot on before I push the button!
×
×
  • Create New...