Juicy V Nationwide **I WON**

juicy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I am just starting my claim today!! Please me gentle with me as I am a newbie to all of this.

I have 2 different accounts with Nationwide so I am sending 2 separate Data Protection Act letters. Is this right?

Below is what I am sending, please let me know what you think

Thanks Jodie.

Mr Christopher Swailes

Data Protection Team,

Nationwide Building Society

Kings Park road,

Moulton Park

Northampton NN3 6NW

18th April, 2006

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to our bank account since [May 2001]. Alternatively a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally where there has been any event in our account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

We enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if we discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against us then we shall be reclaiming them and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act disclosure fee.

Nationwide Data Protection Act sent 18/04/06 - 1st response 24/04/06 - prelim sent for 3930.50 22/5/06 LBA sent 6/6/06 deadline for response 20/06/06, Moneyonline claim sent 12/7/06, Acknowledged 17/07/06, FULL REFUND - 20/07/06!!!!!!

HSBC prelim sent 26/04/06 for 846.00 - reply received 08/05/06 - LBA Sent 09/05/06- deadline for response 23/05/06 Bank A/C credited 23/5/06!!! LBA (MORE charges) sent 29/6/06, deadline 13/07/06, Charges refunded 19/07/06!!!

EGG DPA sent 03/05/06, 1st response 9/5/06

Barclaycard DPA sent 03/05/06 1st response 18/5/06

GOLDFISH DPA sent 15/05/06 deadline for response 24/06/06, Prelim sent 18/07/06, deadline 01/08/06|!

Monument Prelim sent 15/05/06 for 48.00 (Deadline for response 29/5/06) Offered half. 24.00 Accepted!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Can you just clear something up for me please!! When I receive my statements of charges am I claimimg back the whole amount they have actually charged me? or just a part of it?

Thanks Jodie

Hello everyone,

i have just also started a claim against Nationwide, for unfair charges, of £2343.30. I have sent the Data Protection Act Disclosure Request, and recieved a speedy reply, from a Mr Gary Parkins,the Data Protection Administrator, stating that he acknowledged my request and would be sending me the infomation requested. A few days later, i recieved a bound volume of my last 6 years bank staements and the £10.00 cheque that i had sent for fees. They do not charge for this service i was told. I have now gone through my statements, and come to the amount stated above. But i am not sure, if i should be adding the interest, that is stated each month, under the Notice Of Charges page. Am a bit confused about the interest charges. I would be grateful for any advice. Hope to post Preliminary Letter as soon as i have sorted confusion about interest out.Will keep you all posted.Good luck to you all, with your claims. I am so angry about these charges, as i am a single parent with 2 children, struggling financiallly,and the bank, only made matters worse by taking these charges, and it had a terrible snowball effect.

Cleopatra

Guest Lueeze

Hi Cleaopatra...

Please start a new thread of your own, that way you can keep track of your claim and people can offer help if you need it...

Good Luck

Lou x

Hi Cleopatra,

Go into Bank action group page and click on the Bank forum you wish to chat in i.e HSBC or Nationwide all the banks are listed in alphabetical order and then once in there at the top of the page on the left it says NEW THREAD. Click on that and it is straight forward from there. It will ask you for a title and you can put something like starting my claim or basically whatever it is you want to talk about and then write your message click submit and the bottom of the page and other members will answer your questions.

Good Luck

Let me know if you need anymore help

Jodie

Hi Guys,

I sent my DPA letter to Christopher Swailes on 18th April Recorded Delivery and today received my 1st response saying Nationwide have today requested duplicate statements for my accounts and they will be sent to me in due course.

They have 40 days in which to send them but may be able to provide the details I require in a shorter timescale.

I will keep you posted.

HSBC Prelim sent - 26/04/06

Nationwide DPA sent - 18/04/06 - 1st response 24/04/06, 2nd response deadline 3/6/06

EGG DPA sent 03/05/06

Barclaycard DPA sent 03/05/06

Good luck, we're with you all the way!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am still waiting for my statement of charges to come through the post, any ideas how long they are roughly taking from when you sent the DPA Letter??

Thanks Juicy

MOD NOTE: PLEASE CAN YOU KEEP TO YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD - IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR THREAD PM ANY MOD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Received my Statements today and have worked out my charges to be about 3,800!!!!

Should I add the Interest charge as that amount was literally just charges!!!

Please help, I am starting to panic now as reading through the forums Nationwide look like b-----ds who are probably going to take me to court!:o

I have read the FAQ's and am still VERY confused. The FAQ's says you can claim daily interest at a rate of 8% and then shows you how to work out what your interest would be on the amount you are claiming back BUT on my statements of charges there is sometimes an Interest Charge underneath the charges!! This is what I want to know if I can include in my claim as sometimes this amopunt is quite high.

Thanks a very confused Juicy

If you don't have an overdraft on your account, then the interest that is displayed on your statements you can add to the amount of charges you are claiming back from the Alliance & Leicester. In the preliminary letter look for the paragraph that says:

I calculate that you have taken £[total sum of charges], plus £[total sum of interest displayed on your statement] which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £[total sum of charges and interest]

If however you have an arranged overdraft on your account, then things are not that simple as you would need to calculate the difference between the interest charged on your authorised overdraft and the interest charged on your unauthorised overdraft.

Most people with an overdraft don't usually bother, as it is time consuming, complicated and doesn't add up to that much anyway. Also, people often take the view that the Bank can keep the interest as a "compensation" for them having incurred the charge in the first place.

If you do have an overdraft on which you are charged interest, then you would need to know the rate at which you were charged interest, on the amount that you had gone overdrawn by on your overdraft. That amount of interest would have been variable and the only way to find out what the rate is would be to ask your bank.

With regards to the 8% interest, this is added once you decide to submit a claim via the small claims court. You must use the spreadsheet in the library as it calculates interest from the date the charge was made to your account. This means that a charge of £39 made in August 2000 will attract more interest than a charge of £39 that was applied to your account in February 2006.

So in a nutshell there are 2 types of interest that you can claim

1) The interest charged if your account goes overdrawn and you have no agreed overdraft - or if you have an agreed overdraft, then it would be the interest charged on the amount that exceeded your agreed overdraft.

2) The 8% interest you are entitled to when you submit a claim.

Does this help to clear things up for you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Been away for a few days, just got home and had received a letter from a Jason Johnson saying that my letter of 22/5/06 (My prelim) has been passed to Sarah Watson to investigate and respond.

It says she will send me a FULL RESPONSE by the 9th June, but my 14 day deadline was yesterday the 5th!!

What shall I do? Shall I wait to hear or just go straight ahead and send my LBA??

Please help, getting a bit scared as they are probably going to take me to court!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks