• Tweets

• Oh that is very helpful, thanks a million for answering my query. Looking at the license right now. At the front it says the issue date is 2022 (that's when I swapped it), but at the back it says 2015 next to Category B. So, I'm definately at 12 points, right?  
    • The two PDF documents that you posted earlier are unavailable. I don't know why but maybe they are corrupt. I have deleted them Please will you post up again. Also please can you post multiple PDF documents in a single file multipage format, correct order right way round et cetera. Thank you  
    • The New Drivers Act sees a driver's licence revoked if he accrues six points within two years of becoming a qualified driver. If you passed your test in an EU country, then that is the date you became a "qualified driver" for the purposes of that Act.  For drivers who became qualified more than two years previously, if they accrue twelve or more points within a three year period they face a mandatory six month disqualification unless they can persuade the court that they or others will face "exceptional hardship" if they are banned.  In both cases, the dates of the offences are used to calculate the relevant period.
    • I got my car driving license in 2015 from an EU country, then I moved in the UK and swapped it to a UK license 20 months ago. What does this mean for my points limit please? Is it 6 or 12 for me right now?  
    • Interesting polling on what voters who previously voted Tory are thinking. Conservative Defector Poll June 2024 WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bryan Carter-county Court_bad News Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

19/04/08 CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS PLEASE, I THINK I'M A BIT MORE CLUED UP NOW SO COULD SOMEONE TAKE A LOOK AT P#37 ON PAGE 2 PLEASE AS I NEED MORE HELP HERE. THANKS Hi, I'm new so hope I have posted in correct place.

My problem is i have fallen prey of Bryan Carter solicitors and I think they have well & truly got me.

I could kick my self as I have been reading about Bryan C on this forum.

Started with cap 1 credit card, Nothing was admitted for this debt which ended up at £1100. I think the card if I remember correctly had £500. spent from it. In the end Bryan Carter took my hubbie to County Court. The claim was for only £242.00 broken down to £150.debt and £92.costs which we didn't understand how they had come to this figure as they had written he owed £1100. Any way we didn't receive the CC claim pack, blue forms so the first we new was when it had been made a CCJ to pay monthly at £50. Again stupidly due to complete lack of any understanding we ignored this. Next thing bailiffs. We paid the bailiffs eventually by installments, odd bit here and there. Carters then eventually sent letter dated march 08 saying......Further to the payment on the above account, we confirm that the judgement debt relating to the above claim number has now been satisfied.

However we draw your attention that a balance of £1000.18 remains outstanding on your account and payment should be made to clear this amount.

We draw to your attention that our client reserves the right to issue proceedings for the balance outstanding to them in the absence of payment.

We didn't reply and they phoned the other night. Just told them he is not here and they should write to him. The posh bloke said fine I'll get a letter in the post. End of call.

Now this is not our only credit debt, I intend to write proof of debt letter to all others as i have only just heard it exists. Most creds have been ignored as we have no surplus cash hardly. We have 2 kids a dog, don't own our own home we rent and my hubby owns an old banger. This is how ther bailiffs got there first response from us as they put letter through door saying they were going to come for the car.

Now to my question,( sorry its been so long winded, I hope you are not too bored and are still with me) What the hell are Bryan Carter doing. I don't know how they have come up with there figures, why the claim was only for the smaller amount :( which we didn't have. And what do you think he will do next.

Will he keep going back to court or enforcing this ccj? What can we do. I wish I had of known what I no now. At least then I would have questioned him.Proof of debt. My fault I suppose but we are just normal people trying to get on with our lives not solicitors.

Hope some one can answer this for us or give your views or just some support in some way. Thanks Badly depressed:???:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have details of the County Court Judgement? What does it state? How long ago was judgement made on this claim?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi thanks for speedy response, I have the papers that say it was awarded at northampton CC.

Basically it says "you have not responded to claim form, It is therefor ordered u must pay claiment £150 for Debt(and insert the date of judgement)"There is no date in those brackets just the words I've copied.

it then goes on "and £92.00 for costs(less £0.00 which u have already paid)

You must pay the claiment a total of £242.00 by installments of £50.00 per month.

the first payment to reach the claiment by ) sep 2006 & on or before this date each month until the debt has been paid.

Dated -Aug-2006"

Thats about it, there is a warning on it about what if youy ignore.

Hope this is what you wanted to know. Exscuse my ignorance & thanx

Edited by questioning

Okay, do you have any idea how much the penalty charges on the account are? I assume they are at least £600. Basically what we will have to do is attempt to get the CCJ set aside on the basis that you didn't receive the claim and that the claim is an abuse of process, we can also put the charges in for good measure. Was what you have quoted above actually from the court or BC?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi it was from Bryan Carter OMG I Made big mistake here, (probably cos I had been working for 3 nights & had little sleep) The above in p.3 was received from the court not Bryan Carters, I knew that all along so sorry for this mistake, the only amount claimed on CCJ was the £242.00 amount not anywhere on the court white paper does it say anything about oweing any other money. It pretty much says what I have told you. I actually paid alot of it off by robbing peter to pay paul. sorry not wot u needed to know. sorry left out NO idea what the charges were,

Instalments would be set by the court not by BC. If they have not been set by the court then legally it doesn't stand. Of course they may have gone for a forthwith judgement in which case they could use bailiffs. I think what you should initially do is file an N244 which you can get from the court or download to apply to set aside judgement. Before BC went for the CCJ were you sent a Default Notice and a Letter Before Action?

I can actually remember that there was never to my knowledge a forthwith judgement & the first thing we new was when ccj was sent to pay the £50. installments per month. we didnot pay and the next thing was the bailiff action.

I can't remeber being sent any letter of action & certainly can't find one.

Can i let you know what this letter says from BC that they said last week they would send as I probably won't understand it, I haven't received it yet of course. I will pehaps do as you have advised, Although as this has been on going for some time can I still do so.?

many thanks for your help, you deserve a cyber pint and the site a donation. i will look at the form you have suggested tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be back for more help too if thats ok.

many thanx

Edited by questioning

I've told you the form to fill in, what we don't want you to do is fill it in in anger simply because everything doesn't appear to have been done correctly. The reason I asked you a lot of questions is so that we can build a case against BC.

I'm sorry, I have looked at the form, I don't exactly know when you mean by I should fill the form in. but not act in anger? I certainly don't want to act in anger, So do I wait for more advice or fill the form in. ?

Edited by questioning

Hi there

its actually quite normal for carters to split the cause of action into smaller lumps like this, the problem is that its actually unlawful for them to do so,this is set out in section35 of the County Courts Act 1984 which can be found here. County Courts Act 1984 (c. 28) - Statute Law Database

i just thought that this would be helpful to you when you come to the N244;)

Hi,

Judgement has been satisfied on the CCJ. I don't see how a set aside would work on a satisfied CCJ. I'd be tempted to say the judge will dismiss the set aside application.

That being said it's still worth a try.

BadlyDepressed:

Go to the court or download form N244 here.

Once you have it ask Rory or PT2537 to help you fill it out.

If this card has charges on it you can claim them back.

Rory and PT:

Would a quick and small letter to BC&Co informing them of Section 35 not help?

The amount on the card has obviously now decreased. If the charges were reclaimed you'd still get the same refund wether it was paid in full or not.

Could they not say new information has come to light ragarding charges and that the CCJ should not have been issued?

BadlyDepressed, don't worry too much. They are using previous litigation as a way of scaring you into paying.

If they do issue another CCJ the good folks on here will be able to help you defend it. I would take Rory and PT's advice as both have experience of the courts.

Before I found this site this happened to me, expect they sent the baillifs while my mother was dying. Nice company.

Hi, thanx for reply. I think your reply seems to be the best course of action Nitrous.

I have been reading this forum all day and have looked into the form N244. As this ccj was some time ago it looks like the set aside woul d not work (hey, but wot do I know, I'm a mum, I find it hard to understand all the wording) It would also cost £75. which i don't really have.

As said in my OP the Beast BC phoned asked for hubby, I said you are best to write to him, they said yep ok letter in the post,............... Not received yet.

I was thinking along the same lines as you, about a letter to BC. So from what i understand he now has to go for a new ccj does he? If I have understood this correctly as he unlawfully claimed just for his own piece of pie wouldn't a cleverly worded letter to him have a bit of sway to discourage this.

I may have it all wrong, please advise, Thanks

Edited by questioning

I might be depressed but I didn't think I was that out of it.

AM I THAT OUT OF IT?

OK, I've had to really think here, not sure if we're from the same planet:lol: but I'm changing it anyway, how many others might think like you. I just like cat pic's.

Hey thanx took me out of the black hole for a little bit. if u know what I mean.

LOL, Its a "Wet cat". Think of another name for a cat. Begins with P.

PS don't change it, it's a humorous avatar. Just wasn't sure you knew what it meant.

On topic. BC can not re-issue legal proceedings, despite what they say.

I would go at them now full whack.

It's such a shame you didn't come here earlier, as the letter you would have sent to BC&co would have made them produce documentation. This would have had your charges on it. They may have just dropped the case as is what they normally do.

Don't ever feel it's too late or their is nothing you can do. Someone is always here to help.

• Haha 1

So B C cannot go back for another CCJ then, have I understood that.

I will let u know what his letter says when it arrives.

I would luv to be able to respond to him,

One more thing I was reading about him not trading as Bryan Carter & Co, Can't seem to find a recent update to that but his letter in march 08 was on his headed paper.

I'll wait for more advise and many thanx you have made me feel alot better. I have been online thinking no one was going to offer any more advise.

OMG I wish I had of found this site earlier as I have been using another site which has proved pretty useless.

So B C cannot go back for another CCJ then, have I understood that.

Yes but you would have to point out to the court that a partial CCJ was already applied for and granted on this account. The court would not be aware of the situation otherwise and would just process it normally.
One more thing I was reading about him not trading as Bryan Carter & Co, Can't seem to find a recent update to that but his letter in march 08 was on his headed paper.

Now trades as Crellins Carter although BC & Co is a trading style of this company.

Hi again,

I've been reading lots on here but

I cannot seem to find much to do with info given County Courts Act s.28

Division of causes of action.

It shall not be lawful for any plaintiff to divide any cause of action for the purpose of bringing two or more actions in one or more of the county courts.

I am looking for any info on this matter. I have not been able to find alot out about it, probably not looking in the correct place, any help here would be great.

Correct Nitris & for BC to attempt to would be an abuse of process & they should be seen by the court as trying to maximise fees.

They would certainly be putting the debtor to twice the court costs for the same matter.

They should have got it right the 1st time

This is what it says.

Hey thanks for taking an interest & your reply,

I know what it says but if I did try and get the CCJ set aside, remember already satisfied, (Oh by the way B & CO sent letter saying that CCJ was now satisfied, is that the correct procedure?) Does that then not just leave it quite free for them B.C. to go ahead and try to get ccj for the remaining amount, ( we don't know what charges have been applied, )we have never sent for a CCA for this.

I would think it would be a good idea for us to request a CCA. & ask for all the data he has regarding this account so we can see who has applied what. Any thoughts about that? OR is that too late, i would imagine it is.

I am thinking that the best thing to do is not get that CCJ set aside but then if he goes to get a CCJ for the remaining balance then defend that. Of what you have kindly learnt from me about all this what do you think my defence would be like? ( I keep saying I & we to clarify the CCJ was my husbands)

I know I would have a defence but how good it would be is what is worrying me.

ANY thoughts any one?

Edited by questioning

Correct Nitris & for BC to attempt to would be an abuse of process & they should be seen by the court as trying to maximise fees.

They would certainly be putting the debtor to twice the court costs for the same matter.

They should have got it right the 1st time

Many thanks for your reply,

what do you think my defence would be like, if you take a look at my previous post you can see that this is what I am very unsure about.

I cannot seem to find any case similar to this.

Your defence will be that this matter is settled & that BC by issuing again on the same debt are abusing the system.

Think about it. It's as if I was awarded agreed damages via CCJ & then later thought I needed more....... I think I know what the court would say

In view of what they have stated about their client reserving their position I would write back pointing out the matter is settled & that any attempt by their client to disregard the original court order will be vigorously resisted & the court asked to award costs against them