smiffy vs abbey

smiffy66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've been reading with interest alot of the threads re mbna/abbey, having received many of the same threats & letters(including the pink pig!!). we sent them a n income/expenditure sheet, showing we had £25 to share between 5 creditors & they immediately contacted us to say the minimum they could accecpt was £80/month.

we started to ignore alot of their calls as they didn't seem to want to listen to what i was saying. they wrote on 14/02/07 "please understand the balance is about to be written off" & offer to accept a lower payment, but not £5.

28/03/07 they sent a warning letter, sayiny that they may authorise collection agents to visit my home in order to interview me about the repayments for my credit card. it also threatened me with an attachment of earnings order.

then on 04/04/07 they wrote again saying the minimum they could accept was £99.48/month of if i could miraculously find £3979.03 they would write the debt off.

i phoned them regarding this very kind offer & was told by F**** "if you can't afford £99 how are you going to pay £3979" exactly i thought, so why send such a ridiculous letter!!

in the mean time i had sent another copy of in/ex form asking them to reconsider. received letter also dated 4/04/07 asking me to ring & talk about my situation. so i did & was told minimum they could legally except was.......£79/month.

13/04/07 they sent me the pink pig letter which wolud have been quite frightening had we not already been in touch with cccs to see what abbey could actually do.

10/05/07 received another letter which identified that i was the joint proprieter of my house & if i didn't contact them within 7 days they "may" issue court proceedings & enforce a charge against the property!!! they would however accept a reduced offer of ........£82/month.

24/05/07 s.a.r.'d them, which they supplied free of charge bless them:)

07/06/07 received letter saying my outstanding balance has been sold to link financial:eek:

haven't heard anything from link yet(does anyone know thier phone number?) & haven't received a default letter from abbey.

am sending claim letter but would like advice on how much interst to claim:roll:

aslo just noticed that the account number on the letter re link taking over my account is different to the one on my statements & other corresponence:p

Hi Smiffy

I found a website for "Link Financial" - reading the blurb it says they purchase accounts from major banks and financial institutions, so could be the right one. There are contact details on it. I will PM it to you.

As far as the interest goes, that depends on whether you are going to claim Contractual Interest, or Statutory Interest @ 8%.

Statutory Interest does not go on your letters to the bank, only on the Court claim if it goes that far.

Hope that helps

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi

I don't really know on that one; all I can say is that if you go to Court, you need copies of any letters sent to you regarding the whole situation.

Perhaps what you could do, is if they contact you by telephone just say you can't discuss it (for whatever reason you like), and ask that they put it all in writing to you.

Don't really know if thats the right advice or not, just my opinion on what I would do in the same situation.

Regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: