London Mercantile Court - GROUP HEARING 20th july 2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is this good news that my case is being heard as a group hearing? i can't actually attend this hearing but apparantly i can send my written views- do i NEED to do this?

any advice gratefully received.

thanks!

I got the same letter, 9.30am in Court 1, St Dunstan's House - just trying to read up on what to do using the forums. Looks like there's a lot of reading to be done. Anyone else got this date or advice on what we should be doing now ???

Thanks again !

Group hearing at Mercantile Court is good news for you.

See the thread 'Mercantile Court Guide' http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/34297-mercantile-court-guide.html at the top of this forum and other threads regarding previous Mercantile hearings/cases.

If you are not going to attend the hearing, make sure that the Court is aware and that it is OK by them. (Someone came a cropper at Leeds 26 April 2007 hearing by not attending and not gettinng the approval of the Court not to attend).

There is a good chance the bank will settle before it gets to the Hearing.

sorry! thanks - my letter says that if i cannot be there that's fine - well what it actually says is

"It is hoped that all parties will attend but if this is not practicable teh Court will be pleased to consider the written views of any party provided that these reach the Court no later than 17th July 2007"

so basically i guess i'm asking if there is a letter I can use for my defense - as presumably this letter means I have to write explaining that I can't attend and outlining my case - is that right?!!

Many thanks!

Sorry Flumpy, I don't have any first-hand experience of these London hearings. have you read the various threads from people who have been involved in London hearings?

Also see if anybody else who has been involved can answer your question here.

I can only suggest that you phone the Court to let them know that you cannot attend and ask them if it is essential that they have your written views or are they content to proceed on the basis of your claim as originally submitted.