Norwich Union and the FSO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new member, I am currently disputing the behavior of Norwich Union, who's business behavior beggars belief, I have been in contact with the FSO after sending them two letters the latter a month ago and also sent them emails, none of which they have responded to, not even an acknowledgement, speaking to them was equally poor, quite simply, "we do not know when we will look at your complaint", surely by admitting to this, they are dysfunctional, am I wasting my time involving these people.

Cheers

Shurl

Hi Shurl,

Welcome to the forum.

Follow this link and start a thread in that forum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=62

Please read other peoples threads about their claims against norwich union.

Title you thread.

(your user name) V (banks name)

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advice.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

• 2 weeks later...

did you complian to Norwich Union.

According to their policy if you make a complaint they acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of receipt.

N/U aim to resolve complaiints with 5 working days.

And who do we complain to about the FSO????

NatWest

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

Statements rec'd 14/9/2006

Preliminary Letter sent - 27/9/06

LBA - 18/10/06

Claim with Court - 31/10/2006

Got until 14/11/06 to acknowledge.

7/11/06 Received ltr offering full settlement minus

interest + court costs

12/11/06 - Rejection sent

17/11/6006 - Natwest Acknowledged

4/12/06 - Rec'd Natwest Def (Cobbetts)

5/1206 - Rec'd partial offer (Cobbetts)

THE WOOLWICH

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

List of charges rec'd - 04/9/2006

Prelimary Letter sent - 06/09/2006

Response - 'fully investigating' - 11/09/2006

Claim with Court - 20/10/06

Acknowledged - 20/10/2006

Defence by 17/11/2006

AQ to be returned - 11/12/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

**SETTLED IN FULL** 3/11/06

Followed all of the procedures as layed down by Norwich Union themselves, still no reply, all letters sent by recorded delivery, was forced to speak to them only last week regarding the claim, promised they would call me back to assure me that the matter was now settled, what have I heard, sod all that's what, however only this week received a letter from the CEO Office at Norwich Union, the Ombudsman had written to them, strangely the letter from Norwich union was signed by the Chief Executives Office, no contact name provided, I think they are pathetic.

Shurl,

Hi. Sorry you have been let down. Let me know if your complaint hasn't been dealt with yet. I lead the Customer Relations office (the CEO Office). I am really embarrassed that our letter didnt have a contact name. Apologies.

Anyhow, if you still need help you can email me at : [email protected]

Thanks

Darren

Head of Customer Experience, Norwich Union

• 9 months later...

Hi there,

Been reading this forum and itseems like if a customer complains they get what they want and the FOS always back sthe customer is this true?

What if there is no proof of ownership and no substantiation and its not been reported as a loss to the police?

Would the FOS over rule the Insurer just beacause of a complaint or would there be a pay out if you complain to the right people?

Dazza is it NU or NUD you work for as it seems you are bending over backwards to help people but in reality where do you draw the line?

Hi Risky1. The latest data i saw was that the FOS upheld 88% of Norwich Union decisions when the customer had refused to accept the NU decision and had used their right to escalate to the FOS.

I work for NU, and have moved to the Life & pensions side of the business. But, we are all one 'group' including NUD, so any customer with an issue can come to me.

That said, the decision that will be made will be no different to if the customer complains through the usual routes. That wouldnt be 'Treating Customers Fairly', if just by contacting someone 'high up' you get a positive outcome. All I will do is make sure the complaint gets looked at as quickly as possible.

Hope that makes sense? Ofcourse, the ideal for us is to keep all our customers satisfied and not needing to complain!