• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

JackG - V- Barclays Bank

JackG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone- hope I am in correct place to start new thread for Barclays as I am just about to post my 1st letter to them asking for statements for last 6 years so I can work out how much they owe me.

I will keep all of you posted about my progress and I am just about to start reading all other threads for barclays to get some little tips etc.

bye for now

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again, well posted letter to Barclays requesting last 6 years statements and £10.00 fee, hope to hear from them soon, this is really nerve racking, been reading threads again tonight and some sound hopeful but some sound daunting, hope mines easy going

will keep you all posted, good luck to others who are in process of getting charges back

received letter back with cheque £10.00 saying that will sort through records and post all my statements out to me, also included was a letter meant for another customer of theirs with his postal order too!. have written to Barclays advising them of their error and have sent letter and postal order back to the customer adiving him of how I cam to receive HIS letter and postal order, So much for data protection!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Have written to Barclays 22nd Jan asking for copy statements and not heard back yet, is it 40 working days or 40 calendar days pls?? so am reading through as much info as I can. Most of it I understand however, unfortunately, I cannot get my head around Basic Court Bundle (in case I get that far). What details do I leave out (some threads say only leave in material relevant to me!) well, on reading it none of the material in it is relevant to me, also do I create a 1st new page for my details o go on, can anyone send me an example to look at so I don't get it wrong. Am absolutely petrified at this moment in time as 40 days drawing near and no word from Barclays except to say that will be sending my info out in due course!!

Please help me, feel like a fish out of water!!

Thanks a lot dickeggsy

Just finished reading that incredible story from Nightstar, really inspirational, so thanks for link to it. My 40 days is up March 3rd by that time shd have received all statements hopefully, but feel I should have had them before now, most other threads I've read seem to get them very early on. Am finding all these threads quite confusing, you can go from one to other really quickly and then get lost in them.

Will have to read up some more and hope it starts to sink in

Good luck to you all out there anyway!

To Nightstar - thanks a lot truly inspirational from start to finish!!!!!!

Came home today to receive all 6 years worth of statements from Barclays (thought they would never come) waded thru' them with huby and found total £840 worth of charges - doesn't seem much - but hey - all ours!!!. Going to do spreadsheet now and send off with relevant letters - thanks to you all for encouragement so far

will keep you all posted!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, latest update is that I have received all statements as I requested and have totalled £840.00 charges. I know there is a spread sheet some where on this site but can't find it, can anyone direct me to it, would be much appreciated. I think (reading other threads) that I don't chare interest at this stage............. is this right? and I know there is a letter to send with it but can't seem to find this either..........

Do I print these off and send them recorded delivery to Barclays (same address as initial letter requesting statements).. please advise if any can

Well, here goes another claim in the offing, just one of many on their list no doubt..............

Just read crashbandicoot thread which was again, most encouraging.......

thanks a lot for all support so far!!!!!!!

Do I paste in first column "Unauthorised Overdraft Fee" or "Paid referral" as they are stated on my statements or do I give them another name.......? could someone pls advise?, really don't want to get anything wrong at this stage, just on this spreadsheet items are called "cleared transaction" & "unpaid DD charge"" etc, I have never had any of those, my charges are named as above in 1st sentence.

Do I also use Simple spreadsheet first and remove 8% interest column

thanks a lot for advice............. (total novice here)

Cheers, thanks a lot for that one. Just when I think it all sinks in, I look at something new and forget what I shd be doing.......... any way am printing off copy of spreadsheet now just used simple on in Excel with detail, amount charged and date charge applied so I think thats ok, just need to find that letter Dar3N posted to me earlier ................

Well here goes...................

Hi, In the "request for charges letter" it says

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

how do I calculate "plus £XXXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum" I can't see any of those charges on my statements as I got back into credit imm the charge went on.....can any one advise of this pls?????????

Thanks a lot you two for your replies, as you can see, gave up then and went to bed. You make it sound all so easy, so will do as you say and get this posted Thursday and keep fingers crossed, take it it's 14 actual days and not 14 working days so shd hear something pretty soon,

Has anyone settled at this stage, or has it carried on until date set to go to Court with everyone?? If anyone knows, please reply.

thanks again, will keep you all informed!!!!

Hi, just had another charge taken from a different account. My own stupidity as didn't cancel a DD that should have been cancelled due to a switch around in accounts. Could kick myself! Got straight on phone to Barclaycall after waiting in queue for 10 mins, explained my problem, lovely lady who seemed to sympathize, she went away to seek advice only to get cut off after 5 mins. Rang back and waited another 10 mins in queue, got through to a call centre and had to explain again from start to finish, this stroppy woman sid due to it being my fault, there would be no refund of the £35. By the way, shd have expl. in full at beg. that this DD went out this am then bounced back today and charge went on all in same day!!!!, no prior notice, warning or letter, in fact, sweet bugger all. have lodged a formal complaint with her and shd get feedback within 5 days according to her, well stroppy she was, even tho' I went thru' "its illegal etc... etc....."

Will have to sit this out and await their reply, well sick now. Had this particular account for about 15 years and never once gone into red with it. Don't even have an overdraft on it, bloody cheek of them.

That mad on phone nearly got lost for words, need advice for when they ring back please.... anyone????

thanks a lot in advance!!!!!

Thanks jonnymitch, you're prob right. Have calmed down today and will see what comes back from the complaint, just can't believe the nerve of it, the account never went overdrawn overnight or anything.

Will keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, anyone got advice

Today was 1st 14 day dealine for reply and received standard response yesterday stating more time required (8 weeks) to respond to claim (Neil Henderson letter). Can't find letter that I need to send now, as in templates library, 2nd letter starts off by saying, ......failure to respond to my initial request..............., can anyone direct me to it please?????

As I understand it, this is my final request and that in 14days time if had no offer to settle I must apply to Court... am I right?

Hope someone can assist. thanks in advance!

Cheers Claire, thanks a lot for that link, thought it must be that letter but wanted to make sure, take it I don't add 8% interest but must include another schedule of charges and send off recorded delivery again, good luck with yours also, they can't keep getting away with this can they?

best wishes

OK cheers you lot, must admit it gets a bit confusing dosent it, never mind, have done spreadsheet with 8% added anyway, but will just send copy 1st spreadsheet, so that means 2nd spreadsheet already done for court app.

thanks again

just shows what a great site this is when you can get responses like this straight away - thanks again!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, can anyone out there advise me please?? deadline for reply to LBA was today, rec'd a reply on Sat offering 630.00 of 1097.00 claim, need to reject and have been to templates library but cannot find a letter that would be suitable for my reply as my offer does not state FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT - in fact, no mention of this anywhere in my letter!! so just a bit confused!!! what does this mean - by all accounts it seems a pretty standard letter that I have read about before - pls cd someone direct me to correct rejection letter - thanks a lot

""getting rather edgy now as thought I'd be first to be refused point blank""

Thanks johnnymitch and dar3n for your replies.

Will use your draft johnnymitch but shd I notify them of a further 7 day deadline with it being easter break at weekend and advise them they have until Tuesday 10.4.07 to respond before I start court proceedings for my claim

reply much appreciated

thanks

jackg

Thanks yr reply Johnnymitch last night, didn't get it until just now, have posted rejection letter off with copy of 1st spreadsheet to remind them and have told them that they have until 10.4.07 as I'm busy getting ready for long easter week end away and will be in better frame of mind come Tuesday when it will be full steam ahead - guns ablazing - or something like that anyway!

but thanks anyway your reply its much apprecaited

Advice required on MCOL. If I proceed to claim on MCOL which is based at Northampton, does it mean that I would have to attend that Court should Barclays wish to defend, or does my claim get passed to my local court for them to deal with.

Does anyone know this please?????????

Hi, can anyone advise please???

Am busy completing MCOL and last 2 questions before submitting claim I can't answer

a) question about human rights act??

b) Do I want right to claim interest??

Sorry 'bout this, but getting in a flap

thanks

Hi, completing MCOL and need foll question answered but can't dinf any advice on this, can someone please helpspacer.gifDoes or will your claim include any issues under the Human Rights Act 1998?

spacer.gif Yes Nospacer.gifspacer.gif

Much appreciated, thanks