Hermes lost parcel - no compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope you can advice.

I had received an metal ceiling light fitting from retailer Bothy Blue but I wanted to return it as it didn't fit the description. I had to return myself and for this I chose Hermes.

The value of the item is £89 and the service from Hermes which cost £8.99 included cover. The parcel which was securely packaged in the original packaging was collected and scanned on 6th May.

I made contact with  the retailer on 19th May expecting it to have been received but they confirmed they hadn't. I checked the tracking which said it should move within 24hours. A few days later I contacted the retailer again as on 21st May tracking said it was out with the recipients local courier for delivery. I asked the retailer if people are at the address to sign for the item. The retailer said for some reason Hermes won't deliver parcels to our address at the moment but if they send it back to you we'll send you a returns label.

Since then there has been no update to the tracking and the parcel as of today shows as active.

I have email the complaints department and attach the email history to this post. Firstly Hermes say they have it scanned as delivered. At that point I checked again with the retailer who said they still haven't received it. Hermes closed the case. I reopened it to say the retailer hadn't got it and asking for compensation for lost package. At that point I got the message to say sorry but they get millions of parcels and they can't sweep for mine and it's not eligible for compensation as it is on their excluded from cover list! As far as they're concerned that's the end of it.

As far as I'm concerned, they are liable for both the cost of the lost package and the cost of the undelivered service. 

how do I proceed?

Hermes parcel details.pdf Hermes email enquiry transcript.pdf Re_ NC Lost parcel Barcode 9474871246670081 [Incident_ 200612-022011].pdf

Is there any way for the retailer to refund me in that they told me to return the goods which I have a right to do but they didn't specify a carrier etc they just said they would accept the return if I send it back to 'this' address.

Someone has said that either way I am entitled to a refund if I have proof of sending which I do. But I'm not sure if I do. But even then I feel it is the fault of Hermes not the retailer.

Edited by Wilbur Cat
additional text