Working and poor

shylass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... By the time I have paid my rent, council tax and travelling to work, I'm only left with £72. I'd get more than this on benefits plus my rent would be paid and so would my council tax. To top it all off I would even get free prescriptions, free dental and free glasses. ...

Unfortunately, it's not that easy to make comparisons. That said, compared to JSA, you've just said you'd be about the same or slightly better off - you wouldn't have travel to work costs. JSA is about £73,

If you're on a low income, you can apply for assistance with NHS prescription costs. Might be worth a peek. And, as has been said, try HB again. And don't forget the single person's discount on CT.

Also, have a look at night classes. There is sometimes financial assistance available if you're on a low income.

There used to be a saying, and I'm sure it's as true today as it was when I first heard it - it's easier to find work when you're in work.

• Haha 1