• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

paul's wife v nat west**WON**

paulpb123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi Paul

I bet that feels GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD...............

i would love to do the same, i bet this wont affect there credit rating...........LOL

good on you

well done mate

Scott

Yeah, it felt wonderful. Checked MCOL today and judgement has been accepted and issued. I asked for payment by 22nd May (ie 14 days) - otherwise its time for the bailiffs.;-) Not sure if NW can still get this set aside. That would be an abuse of everyone's time, surely.

Letter from the court stating that judgement has been issued. I'm hoping that they won't apply to have it set aside, but they may do and this would make it a longer run in to the finishing line.

On a slightly different note, there have been security issues on my wife's account in the past. Her card was cloned and someone in Thailand went on a bit of a jolly. She was, I have to say, fully refunded but she has been suspicious for a long time that security might not be that good. I now realise that Nastywest didn't properly comply with the SAR. They only sent 6 years of statements. So I'm going to send the following letter which should keep them busy (they make us work hard to get our money back so I am reciprocating). Most of this came from a thread by Progenic7. I intend to claim back as far as possible now. Comments welcome.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: xxxxxxxxx

I bring your attention to my letter dated xx/xxx/xxxx requesting a complete list of charges and transactions relating to my account. Unfortunately, you only sent six years worth of copy statements. As the Data Controller, you should be aware that a Subject Access Request requires you to provide complete disclosure of all data that you hold relating to the history of my account. I refer to complete disclosure in its most rigorous sense since it has now been brought to my attention recently that ALL information, no matter how long held on file, must be disclosed fully and in a format that is legible.

It seems that a lot of banks and credit card companies, including NatWest, wrongly interpret the Data Protection Act 1998 as only needing to disclose six years worth of personal data. This is entirely wrong. I would also like to point out that The Limitations Act 1980 has no relation to this request at all and has no bearing on the Data Protection Act 1998.

Since there have been security issues in the past with my account I would be grateful if you would now comply with my original request under the Data Protection Act 1998 and provide the following information:

1) Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist between myself and your organisation, including copies of any documents you hold in support of same.

2) Details of the identity of any individuals or organisations who have provided you with my personal information together with copies of any letters of instruction provided by them, or any contracts entered into between yourselves and the third party, and the relevant dates to which those contracts related.

3) Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

4) Full details and copies of any documents upon which you relied when you have provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.

5) Full copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.

6) Full copies of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to myself.

7) Details of all systems you currently have in place to ensure my personal or financial information is kept securely, including details of those officers who currently have control of same, and at the time it was held or provided to a third party.

8) Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

9) Full hard copy print outs of any of my personal or financial information held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations. And Audio files, specifically recordings of conversations had between myself and your staff regarding all matters relating to my banking history.

10) Your registration number with the Information Commissioners Office.

11) Your Consumer Credit License number.

12) Your VAT registration number.

Where reference to emails is given above, these emails should be taken from your email servers or backups / archives held in a magnetic or digital format. These emails may not be present on a user’s local system, and may require the assistance of your IT department / IT providers, who you should contact immediately for their provision.

Please confirm whether you hold a physical file with details of my personal and / or financial information. If so, please provide details and dates of any instance when this file has left your control, to whom it has been communicated, the method of transportation / communication e.g. Royal Mail, courier, by hand, electronically. Please provide a full copy of this file. Where my physical file has left your offices, please provide details of any precautions taken to ensure that my information has not been lost, stolen, misplaced or made available to anybody who does not have authorised access, including those who would use my information for the purposes of identity theft, or registered with any credit agencies. Please also confirm whether any of the documents held within the physical file are computer generated.

Under S.40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970, if you believe you have provided my information to any organisation, agent, or individual who could, or may have used it for unlawful purposes, you should contact me immediately, and provide full details of their identification and address, together with full details of any instructions you have provided to them. If you have forwarded or communicated my personal or financial information to any person, company, or organisation, please provide a copy of the authority, signed and dated by myself upon which you have relied prior to doing so. As requested above, you should provide copies of any such communications.

Under the Data Protection Act 1998, as a Data Controller, you are responsible for the complete retraction of all information provided to any third party, should I request you to do so, and have a duty to myself to ensure that any personal or financial information I have provided to you is kept securely, and is only communicated to those to whom I have given my express permission / authority.

I would remind you that I have already paid my statutory maximum £10 fee and I am now giving you 14 days to comply with my original request. If you fail to comply in full within this timescale I shall not hesitate to escalate this matter by making a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office and I shall seek a County Court Order to enforce compliance. I look forward to your prompt attention regarding this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Paul's wife

• 2 months later...

Grrrrrr!!! £362 in charges taken in June and July. My wife called them and was told that she should manage her account properly! What gets me is that she is about £300 over her O/D limit so without these charges the account would have been managed well enough. Surely, if anyone is running the account badly it is Gnat West! Prelim sent 18th August.

Unfortunately they are under this great illusion they are working within the law, but do not have the bottle to defend a single case in a courtroom. So claim away. They take, you claim. At the moment this is the cycle iam afraid. At least you will get your money back.

Your prelim was sent July and not August. Unless i have been a sleep for a month.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.