The uk electoral roll

signmaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to tell everyone of my experience with this e-company THE UK ELECTORAL ROLL, and warn of their unsatisfactory customer care / service they give, or don't give, and advise you NOT to subscribe to this companies service unless you want to waste your money.

It wasn't a lot of money but the principal is that you do not get what you are paying for.

I registered with this company for a one month period to search the names and addresses of relatives for my family history.

This company (THE UK ELECTORAL ROLL) is offering up to date information from the electoral role, I did one search (the 1st) for a relative and the address that was sent to me was one that I know to be years out of date, so I did as they say in their ad and asked for assistance, they came up with the correct address, and said that they would do a system test and advise further. OK I tried another name and again it came back with out of date information, I e-mailed yet again, NO REPLY, it seems that they didn't want to help anymore, and I didn't get a reply to further e-mails sent, it said in their ad "no quibble refund" so I asked for one, but they have got around giving refunds in their T&Cs.

I tried yet again with my own name, you guessed, not recognised If they cannot recognise my name and address (192.com another electoral register came up with my name straight away), surely they are selling a service that is not fit for purpose acording to the sale of goods act 1979, here is a quote

• fit for the purpose, that is as well as being fit for the purpose for which they are generally sold, goods should also be fit for any specific or particular purpose made known at the time of the agreement. For example, if a consumer asks for a food mixer that beats, whisks, and kneads dough then the one the seller gives them should do all of those things,
  • as described, that is the goods should correspond with any description applied to them whether this be verbally, through words and pictures on a sign, on packaging, or on an advertisement.

Now this company has not responded to my e-mails to them and I do not expect them to now, so I have lost my money with THE UK ELECTORAL ROLL, and will have to put this down to experience and spend out yet again with another company to get the information that I need.

So anyone looking for information from the electoral role DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

If anyone can tell me where to go from here it would be appreciated, I do not want companies like THE UK ELECTORAL ROLL ripping off other unsuspecting customers like me.

regards

Anne