esa and returning to work

desseree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, i have been on esa since nov 2012, my initial medical failed with only scoring 6 points, and i have appealed against this.

However I have found a job of 30 hours which allows me the movement and sitting down that i regulary need.

I now dont what happens next or if there is anything i can claim for returning to work. I was previoulsy employed for 18 years and have no idea about all this malarky. Looked on internet and dont seem to be getting anyway. Any advice would be truely grateful

Louise P

You can claim Working Tax Credit if your income is low enough - check the HMRC website.

If you are claiming Housing Benefit/Council Tax Benefit then this is likely to change as your income goes up.

Maybe you could explain a bit more about your situation such as if you rent, have children or a partner etc.

With regard to the ESA - you will need to cancel your claim but you should allow the Tribunal to go ahead because if you 'win' then you will get the additional money backdated.