Jump to content


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi. Just looking for some advice.


I started a foundation degree at a college site which is partnered with a university.


I was required to pay my fees upfront but in agreement with the college I was allowed to pay in instalments.


I paid the first instalment but ended up leaving at before the second semester and second payment was due.


Technically, I got what I paid for

- the first few months learning and nothing else.


According to the college I owe the whole years fee inspire of leaving early.


However, upon checking the website of the uni that accredits/ runs the course

- their students only pay a percentage of the yearly course fee.


The college have threatened me with court action for the remaining balance but I have no means to pay.


I have contacted them to explain this but thus far have had no response despite contacting them several times.


This morning I received a letter from them, saying they were taking me to court for a ccj on the second of april.


Part of the reasons I left the course was because it was not value for money.


Teaching quality was poor and it was an all round waste of time.


I just wondered if I have any grounds to dispute this money and if so could anyone help me out with what I need to do.




Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd suggest the letter does not say WILL


rather more if,might,could,instructed etc


can you scan it up please


set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!



ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.



try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,



DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...


if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]



it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs


or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB


open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...