Groupon Refund Issue

AlexA1591
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been having a real tough time in obtaining a refund from groupon. At the end of December I purchased a hotel spa break in Bournemouth for my parents as their Christmas present. There were two deals online, one for £59 and another for £79. The £79 deal was exactly the same as the cheaper option apart from it included one spa treatment per person.

For those who are not familiar with groupon, you're provided with a code after purchasing, which you quote to the retailer or services provider the deal is with when you book make the reservation date. The purchase is only valid for a set amount of time, in this case it was from the end of January until the end of March. When my mum called the hotel up to make the booking two days after the deal closed, she was informed that on all the dates left to book between the 16 Feb - 31 March, none of the spa treatments were available.

I emailed groupon customer services to inform them that as the spa treatments wernt available I would either like something to the sum of £20 added on as courtesy from the hotel (maybe some wine etc) or I would like the £20 refunded and my parents will just go on the cheaper deal.

After literally 13 emails and being bounced back and forth since the 6 January by groupon who have been giving me excuse after excuse, they're now saying they cant give me a refund but they'll give me as gesture of goodwill £10 off my next groupon purchase!! I'm under the impression that if you advertise something which isn't available that is for one false advertising and to then refuse the customer a refund ha got to be illegal. It's not even about the money to be honest, it's more out of principle as I'm kind of sick of mega corporations messing me about and getting away with it. I've asked them to give me the contact details of the supervisor or manager of the customer services, to which they appear to now be ignoring my requests. What can I do to take this further and who would be able to help?

Many thanks