Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi there im new and a bit confused any help would be greatly appreciated a few years ago i got into a bit of difficulty with my debts welcome/barclaycard/littlewoods/vodphone i took out a pdl without realiseing the consequences and it snowballed to the point i could no longer manage so i entered into a protected trust deed after appox nine months my situation changed and i found myself having to move house i defaulted on my ptd and havnt paid anything in approx two yrs i also have since again fallen into pdl debt which ive kindo of bumped i want to get everything sorted out as i feel bad about this but i dont know where to start i foolishly ditched all the paperwork when i moved house so i have no idea who i owe what too should i contact the people running my trust deed they sent me a txt last year saying they were going to put me into sequestration i checked the edinburgh gazzette but only the trust deed is regitered also one of the debts council tax has been kicked back to me by the local council and im now paying that back.


on another note when i checked the edinburgh gazzette my trust deed has the wrong house number on it 62 instead of 6/2 is this something i could use to maybe nullify the trust deed and start agin i knoiw im clutching at straws here but i really do want to get this mess sorted out any help would be great

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there. If you have been sequestrated you would have really known about it. To be totally sure you may wish to contact the Account in Bankruptcy to get a definitive answer. Contact details can be found here: http://www.aib.gov.uk/about/contact-us


If the trust deed has failed bankruptcy may actually be a worth option to help you make a fresh start, this would depend on your precise circumstances such as if you have assets - like a property. You can find our fact sheet here:




It's potentially a pretty complicated situation, your welcome to contact our charity on 0808 808 4000 if you need further help.


Best wishes,


National Debtline.

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi thanks. I'd rather avoid sequestration if I could by either setting up some kind of DMP or by seeing if I could set up another trust deed. As I mentioned before the address the trustee has entered in the Edinburgh Gazzette is incorrect Would this technicality allow me to have this trust deed. Uplifted allowing me to set another one up? Before I defaulted my trust deed I was still receiving letters from a DCA for voaphone. This was one of the reasons I defaulted.

Would the incorrect address have anything to do with them being in contact

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok iv checked the Accountant in Bankrupcy and all i could find was this


Date trust deed was signed 23/04/2009

Date of registration as a protected trust deed 09/06/2009

Date when statement of realisation and distribution received

Date of trustee's discharge 14/02/2011


personal informatin ommited of course


so does this mean i am no longer bound by the trust deed and that i am free to try and arrange some other form of DMP if possible? any advice will be most gratefully recieved

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...