Jump to content

Need some advice!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi guys,


Okay so I am 22 and I am in debt.

All of these debts relate back to a few years ago when basically going out to clubs and bars and getting off my face on drink and in some instances more was basically my life. To fund this lifestyle wages alone did not cover it so payday loans were acquired.


In 2007 arguably two of my biggest ever mistakes happened.. 1. I purchased a £6k car on HP 2. I crashed this drink driving running from the police.

In return I lost my job, was banned from driving for two years, issued with a community order and had my car reposed.


The repossessed car was sold and in it's condition reached around £3.5k at auction so although I no longer had the car I still had a debt with them, this has now turned into a CCJ.


I stupidly didn't respond to the CCJ letter that was initially sent by the court the company was then awarded a CCJ against me for £4500 and I was ordered to pay costs of £350 a month.


I also have other debts amounting to around £9000 in all I estimate.


The first payment on this CCJ is due in a day or so and there is no way I can afford £350 p/m, if I cannot pay this I know the company will go back to the court with they now issuing a charging order and let my employers know?


I really am not sure what to do next I want to clear myself complete of debts I have made lots of silly mistakes. I earn about £1300 a month now £450 goes on rent, £110 goes on a loan for another car and £140 goes on insurance so £700 is gone before anything.


What options do I have on the CCJ if I cannot afford the monthly payments that the court have asked me to pay? Is there anything I can do to stop my employers finding out? I am on the verge of a promotion which will see my take home pay increase to about £1500 p/m and I really don't want to risk this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What options do I have on the CCJ if I cannot afford the monthly payments that the court have asked me to pay?
You can apply to the court for a redetermination order http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/CourtClaimsAndBankruptcy/DG_10013083


What to do if you can't pay


If you pay nothing, or don't keep up with the payments, the creditor can ask the court to take steps to make you pay, in which case you may have to pay more costs.


If you genuinely can't pay, you can ask the court to:

change the amount of the regular payments you are supposed to pay (known as an instalment order) - you can apply on a special court form called an N245

suspend the order until you can afford to pay - you can apply using application form called an N244

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...