jtching

Break Clause for Tenancy Help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I am having problems interpreting this break clause in my tenancy agreement:

"At any time on or after the first twelve months either party may invoke a break clause by providing a minimum of two months written notice to the other."

Does this mean the earliest I can provide the two months notice is after the first 12 months (which means breaking the contract at 14 months), or can i provide the 2 month notice at the end of the 10 month tenancy period and break out of the contract at the end of 12 months?

Any interpretation is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Looks to me like the 14 months interpretation is correct.

What is the fixed term of the agreement?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

The contract is for a tenancy period of 18 months, with a break clause as specified above.