Heres a new way to attack the problem?

KPRHERO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so if I have one question...

Virgin media applied a £150.00 credit to my account without my knowledge or permission, they then charged me for it two months later and have cut me off.

Now as far as I am concerned they didn't ask me permission, and I didn't request the money in any kind of credit agreement, so do I really have to pay it back?

I'm looking at it as Virgin gave me free money which I didn't ask for, would you pay it back?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/digital-tv-services/225325-virgin-tv-saga-continues.html That is the original link....

Edited by KPRHERO

C'mon on.

The money was never yours, and never will be. It would have been applied to your account in good faith, and then reversed once it was found an error was made. If you didn't pay in this amount, or were due a credit of this amount by them, then the money has gone to the place it was expected to in the first place. You cannot claim 'ownership' of the credit due to an administrative error.

If you spent the money, then they'll take you to court for it, and you'll lose as the money can never be yours under those circumstances. Using expressions like no 'permission' is poinless, it just has no relevance.

Heres the thing, I don't have an issue with paying it back, I got my head around the situation and understood why they did what they did, but, it was when they cut my services and refused to put it back on unless I paid them before the grace period was up that got my back up.

I've now got to go for weeks without having any cable because they applied the credit this way, i made an offer of payment, and they refused to accept it, so that is why I want to tell them to take a running jump.

I still don;t have an understanding of your situation, but if it helps - your services are removed automatically (without human intervention) the CSS system talks to the billing system, which in turn is connected to the customer validation processes. The time clock to disconnection starts from when the bill is issued. The days tick down and you get closer to suspension, until/unless the billing system reports a credit. This shuts down the timer, until next month.

As I found out, it's nothing personal.... :)

Just to say after being ignored by Virgin I have sent off a final letter to warn them I will be walking away from the contract, only this time I have suggested they read thier own terms and conditions which state the following:

You can cancel your agreement with 30 days notice in writing on the condition that you are affected for the following reason (see J3 on the Virgin Terms and Conditions):

"We (Virgin) make significant changes to the services so the services you are entitled to receive in return for the charges you pay are significantly altered or reduced."

Game Check Mate.

Virgin significantly reduced my services due to a change they applied on my account. I win. Hooray for me ;)

Ah - the key word here is 'significant'. They'll have to agree that there has been a significant (and detrimental change to your costs) for a cancellation.

What will happen is you will seek cancellation, and stop paying. They will disagree (and probably not tell you). You then get a CRA default.

An update:

Virgin phoned me tonight, I refered them to the clause in the contract, and the fact that I was never behind with the bill, just over thier credit amount, which was thier fault, and that although I didn't want to leave them, it was thier fault for such soddy service.

We went back and forth for ages and finally the guy on the end of the phone agreed that I should have been given more time to pay the bill, and said that there will be a call from him tomo morning when he had more time (it was almost the end of his shift) and he would give a final yes or no to applying a credit to my account to restore services, on the agreement I would pay the outstanding balance in full over a set agreed period of time.

I don't believe him, but we will see.

Can anyone direct me to any legal reference in regards to virgin being able to apply and take away credits on my account without my permission? I can't see anything in thier terms and conditions, and finding it through google etc is a nightmare, I can't find a thing! ;)

There's no issue of 'permission' for credits to your account - simply that the account should reflect the status of your dealings with the company in an accurate manner. If there are errors, as it is their system, they can modify the system to reflect the correct status (as they see it). You have no input into this, except to complain or point out their errors.