Sue v Shabby

leamarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had the same letter. i sent them this back -

Abbey PLC 12-Dec-06

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regent’s Place

London

NW1 3AN

Response to settlement offer.

Re: Claim Number *******

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 07/12/06.

I respectfully decline your offer of half my claim that you calculate at £428.47, and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totaling £875.93 + £80 Court costs.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with my ongoing County Court claim.

I have once again enclosed my Schedule of charges for your information.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Hi,

I just sent the letter on its own. I didn't want to sign the letter they sent as I think I would have been just signing for the half offer.

I also Included another schedule of charges as the amount they stated was slightly wrong.

I sent them a copy by fax and post.

-Kate

Thank you again, that's what I thought but thought it best to check! While your there do you know the fax number by chance or is it on their letters? At work now and don't have anyhing with me, I can't remember seeing a number anywhere.

Thanks for that I will send the letter just to Abbey then.

I was just thinking if I accept their offer as part payment do I need to adjust my claim amount? Is this difficult to do? Has anybody done this? Please help me :?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

quick update as I've not been here for a while:

I sent off the letter to say I will accept their offer as part payment but will proceed with my claim and as expected I've not heard anything back! Also my allocations questionnaire had to be submitted by the 28th December, so I submitted around the 21st and also sent a copy to the bank and I've not had one from them!! I don't think they've submitted theirs so I think I may have one!! Surely it can't be this simple? I guess I need to pop into my local court office on monday and find out what to do next. If anyone has known of this before, any advice would be appreciated.

:)