Jump to content

To late for action on charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hope someone can offer some advice for me


I have just spent months being hassled by RBS due the remains of an unpaid load from 2000. This loan was taken out to cover charges made by RBS when i was hospitalised and couldnt work for 5+ months.


It is a while ago, but memory says that over a 6 week period i became about £750 o/d due to charges. Work didnt pay sick pay, took me three weeks to get it sorted from hospital bed, and then i went to RBS to sort out after and they refused an overdraft, but happily sold me a £1500 loan(about £3000 to repay due massive interest charges)to repay the mounted charges.


I spent as little as poss (at their recomendation, but each cheque sent cost me £20-30 charge and then a another charge for missuse. I went from being in credit to owing £3000 in just afew weeks. I cried my eyes out in the branch trying to sort it out, and they just rubbed their hands and sold me the loan.


Now after all this i still owe £800 apparantly. though they admit that they no longer have the cca, so is unenforcable. But this £800 is probably just extra interest added on at the start of each year that still had an outstanding balance.


Now, can i find out details of all the charges, and account details from that far back? and can i do anything about reclaiming excess charges this far after the event? I feel gutted to have had to repay so much money, that if the same happened tioday, i would be wise enough not to let a bank push me around and charge me so much. I probably spent less than £300 pounds and repayed over £2000 because of it.


How can i get a complete record of it all, including loan repayments and bank charges.


i also want to let RBS know how i feel about the whole affair, but want to know where i stand, and have my facts straight before i do this



Any advice greatly appreciated


Best regards

Mr Derek

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would need to start by sending a subject access request to them enclosing the required statutory fee. £10 (postal order is most appropriate form of payment to use. as you do not need to sign it...)


Send all postage by recorded delivery so you can get proof of postage and delivery as well.


If you need any further help, please ask and hopefully you will get other comments as well.




PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.


Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:


Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)


Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:


Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...