Jump to content


Egg and CCA


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Need your help. Following reading a few of the threads, I applied for a copy of my CCA from Egg and after three letters they sent me back a copy of their standard terms and conditions with a letter that states

 

' Further to your recent request, I have pleasure in enclosing a copy of your terms and conditions in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Unfourtunately we are unable to enclose a copy of your signed credit agreement, as it's not available in our systems.'

 

Does this act as an admission that they do not have one and therefore make the debt unenforceable?

 

Many Thanks,

 

Sam

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunaley for requests under s77/78, they do not have to supply a document containing your signature.

 

However, given the fact that they haven't, you should read into it what you will...in other words, if they have it, why not send you a copy.

 

Have you sent an account in dispute letter?are you still paying them?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moorcroft has my egg account, made a requerst for my agreement 12 months ago, waited 12 days and stopped paying moorcroft and then moorcroft demanded payment, I responded by telling them to supply the paperwork and until such time payments will not be made. Approaching egg haven't done any good, they haven't responded either :rolleyes:

 

we shouldn't be hijacking someone's post :p

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just copied the account in dispute letter to send them.

 

Yes I am still paying them at the moment, I haven't cancelled my direct debit. I thought I shouldn't do that until after I send the dispute letter and allow them their timescale to reply. Would you agree?

 

 

Yes of course

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...