• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HSB Charges

katylegs11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

improves, now that HSBC are withdrawing this I feel less in control of improving my situation.

i have requested the charges that that i have paid on the account over the last 6 years though finding difficult to understand what i should do and how to check the information, nothing seems straight forward and don't know either, if. this is why they are with drawing the overdraft

Citizens advise are impossible to get to so busy on the days i don't work

is there a free 'help' company anywhere?

my bank notified me approx. two months ago they are withdrawing my overdraft facility of £2000 which i am living off at the moment. paying my mortage etc.

i am a single aprent and have explained my situation. Luckily i can improve my situation as i am looking for a full time job.

i have banked with them for over thirteen years had many loans from them approx 6. Have one of those plus accounts with them which i pay for!

I am paying them approx. between £80 - £120 in costs per month...so its not as though i'm not 'paying' for it.

I am in despair! juggling my money around until my situation

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou for that : )

I am in the process of setting up another account that was just in case. But now I realise that HSBC have to change banks as they have no intention of helping me and going to get some more advice from FOS whome I have just found on the internet. HSBC have given me about seven loans over the years and this overdraft and a credit card up to the limit , so no wonder I am struggling now. Realise its my fault too though, its not as though i can't resove it with some support from the HSBC though all they are interested in is themselves!

Thankyou everyone

in answer to one of your questions, i'm actually earning more money than last year at a dentist part time but looking for full time (it takes time get to get the right job too) (difficult when your struggling and juggling alot with money) before and as i said looking for a full time job and at the moment. Once i get this sorted i may sell my house and try and get a part rent part mortgage property to clear any debts more quickly also reducing the debts and intereast i owe...can only do so many things at once though trying to stay positive : )

thanks again

My answer to first post :)

My answer to the last post :)

do you think i should make a written complaint to the HSBC because all though i have complained on the phone about their service and lack of help they only appearing to be concerned about themselves now, thier service has gone done , and selling loans etc was only what they where interested in the past few years, they didn't actually give me any really good advise

and complain about them not assisting me now i am struggling financially and making it just about impossible

if i hadn't appleid for this other bank now by bills wouldn't be paid and i could lose my home ect

?

no i have a list of charges from them but i need to check them against my statements that i have (want to make sure its all there) then going to look at 'monty's' next step to request the charges bank

all a little confusing

having a look again tonite

as last night after chatting with you found about five jobs to apply for and was starting my cv s for them all , have to finish those tonite too

need to spend some time now with my lttle lad going for a walk

need the fresh air

when HSBC they call me tomoz to say if i have the loan for £2000 to clear my overdraft i'm going to ask them to take of my plus account and charges

i am wondering what i will do if they say no to the loan , i don't actually want another loan , as i have one already and would of put the £2000 onto my exsisting loan when i had a full time job

if they say no and i move to this other bank interst will occur every month until i pay it off!!!

ho thank you soo much thats brilliant : ) ...i'm amazed!!!

thankyou looked at it quick , will look again later

they haven't mentioned a managed loan don't think i would of any way

its such a help to have you hear for advise helps me to clear my thoughts what to do, great support for me!!!

thanks again have a good day : )

had a power nap do get on with cv's

having a quick look at my e mail

i called hsbc today and they have told me they have declined the loan letter in post. I asked to speak to someone to ask what they would advise they could give me, they gave me a telephone number which wasn't correct , had to call them again ... again the number... just took me to the main stream of options

called again spoke to loans department couldn't give me a number?!they said letter in post (whilst he was checking battery was going flat on phone/ plus will cost me in calls!) ....he said i will just have to wait to see what letter says and it will have correct number to call!!!

looks like they ar lining me up for the managed loan

anyway i set up my new bank account today and direct debits.

not closed the hsbc leaving a little money to go in as i have a credit card with them too interest free

so my total debt is £3500 with them

off back to my cv s!!!

i've already got most of my statements and requested the ones i am missing so they sent me a list of the fees of overdrafts that they did not agree with in advance. total £1212.00

(both these amounts i would like to check).

it also states 'please see the Notes explaining fees lists' which describes other account fees that are not included in the list and not related to your enquiry £215 ...this confuses me !?

then they go onto to say they can send me copies or go onto internet personal banking ...

so i will need to check ones missing and request as i don't have a printer working at the mo or a can print them off at the library , don't think there are many!!!

i'm also wondering can i claim for the most resent transactions?!

i could really do with some hope with this : (

• 4 weeks later...

when i claim for these charges...do i apply for interest on account too as they haven't put them down on list they have sent me

also looking back when i have talen loans oit with them going back to year 2001 and another 2002 a have paid for payment protection could i claim this back

by the way i have got more hours at work to improve my financial situation ..sooo glad!

Well done on setting up the new bank account katylegs - :) they can't get your money if it's in another bank! :D

It does sound like their usual tactics before trying to get you on a ML :eek:

"We can't give you this loan you're asking for , but there is another one you can have..........." - Resist with all your might - it's daylight robbery!

when i claim for these charges...do i apply for interest on account too as they haven't put them down on list they have sent me

also looking back when i have talen loans oit with them going back to year 2001 and another 2002 a have paid for payment protection could i claim this back

by the way i have got more hours at work to improve my financial situation ..sooo glad!

ok will do tomox thanks

up late trying to sort out theses charges

but can i claim from the bank

1) interest charges

2) card misuse about £20

3) unpaid item £30

4)standing order charges £25/30

5) temp limit fees £20

6) Dr £10

just so i know what to claim

sorry!!

Yes you can if you think it was mis-sold katylegs - have alook at this link , then go to the PPI forum on here - there are people on there who will give you good advice

Reclaiming PPI

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/PPI

ok will do tomox thanks

up late trying to sort out theses charges

but can i claim from the bank

1) interest charges

2) card misuse about £20

3) unpaid item £30

4)standing order charges £25/30

5) temp limit fees £20

6) Dr £10

just so i know what to claim