microfiche records/due course

m.bentley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 22nd May I sent abbey my 1st letter requesting my last six years statements.I recieved 14 months worth of statements and a request for £10 for details stored on the microfiche files.Sent second letter requesting that a computer printout would be acceptable and £10 to cover the admin fee.Today recieved my second letter from abbey dated 3rd July.The following extract taken from the letter is concerning me,what action should I now take,and is my 40day deadline from the first letter or the second letter when I sent my £10 fee?

(Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information.As these microfiche records are not held as part of a relevant filing system,they are not covered by the Data Protection Act and will not therefore be supplied to you under a Section 7 Data Protection Act request.However,I confirm that arrangements have been made for the microfiche records to be sent to you in due course.)

Make sure they know it was a SAR and not merely a request for statements; and that your 40 day clock has started.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

They're only saying it. It does not mean they actually will, as others have already found.

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

On the 22nd May I sent abbey my 1st letter requesting my last six years statements.I recieved 14 months worth of statements and a request for £10 for details stored on the microfiche files.Sent second letter requesting that a computer printout would be acceptable and £10 to cover the admin fee.Today recieved my second letter from abbey dated 3rd July.The following extract taken from the letter is concerning me,what action should I now take,and is my 40day deadline from the first letter or the second letter when I sent my £10 fee?

(Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information.As these microfiche records are not held as part of a relevant filing system,they are not covered by the Data Protection Act and will not therefore be supplied to you under a Section 7 Data Protection Act request.However,I confirm that arrangements have been made for the microfiche records to be sent to you in due course.)

This is rubbish, they do have to comply to your request by whatever means possible, what you should have asked for in your 2nd letter was duplicate bank statements for the last 6 years which id probably what they will send anyway! if you havent received them a week before the 40 days are up give them a ring and respectfully remind them that their time is nearly up!!! good luck:)

thanks for the replies: Re: microfiche records/due course,

but not answered my second question. is my 40day deadline from the first letter or the second letter when I sent my £10 fee? if its from second letter, is it working days or just 40 days,if so 26th july is the deadline.

can someone tell me if you need to send another 10 pound cheque when u send the second letter (the microfiche letter) i sent one today but didnt send a cheque but i sent a cheque in the post in my first 1. Any help will be mich appreciated.

You only pay one X £10. The 40 days begins when they receive it.

Good luck.

;) nn